Food Herbal Rooibos Blend
Coconut, Fenugreek, Natural Flavours, Popped Rice, Rooibos, Rose Petals, Sprinkles
Cake, Coconut, Creamy
Caffeine Free
Edit tea info Last updated by Martin Bednář
Boiling 8 min or more 10 oz / 300 ml

From Bird & Blend Tea Co.

We’ve done it again… another legendary cakey brew to add to your collection! Naturally caffeine-free with rooibos, coconut & rose are a match made in heaven and we’ve tied the knot with some toasted rice & heart-shaped edible confetti!

About Bird & Blend Tea Co. View company

I don’t know how to feel about this tea. It’s tasty, but like something is missing there.

Prepared three teaspoons to DIY tea bag. It’s very sweet in aroma and coconut makes its part too. Blend itself looks very pretty, instagram-like, ready for bite. Brewed in boiling water for quite long (they suggest 4+ min) , I did maybe 8? But as it is rooibos, moreover with lots of other ingredients, I thought it won’t hurt to make it strong.

The aroma of brew is very similar. Coconut! But creamy and cake-like. I have enjoyed the aroma of brew very much. The taste is bit different though. It’s certainly creamy, some notes of coconut there as well. But I am missing some depth of it. It’s creamy coconut, but I have not noticed roses at all, I wonder how fenugreek is in matter of taste, quite distinctive rooibos base (but not woody flavour of it).

Maybe I am just kind of disappointed.

Flavors: Cake, Coconut, Creamy

Boiling 8 min or more 3 tsp 10 OZ / 300 ML

Currently sipping on this one – it’s the only one of my cake tea selections that I had never tried before today…

I think it’s alright; it smells amazing though – very sweet and creamy, kind of like coconut flavoured buttercream with a fondant type of vibe to it as well. Steeped up I don’t love the taste as much as the smell, but it’s still quite good. The flavour is a mix of vanilla and coconut which does come off as very cake frosting/fondant like, with a hint of woodier and mineral rooibos and a toasted rice undertone. I wish the blend didn’t include the popped rice; lately I find that Bird and Blend is including that ingredient in too many things. However, if the idea for the inclusion is that people throw rice at weddings then I can at least appreciate the cleverness of its inclusion…

Overall I like it, especially the sweetness level. I’d be very interested in trying it as a latte, as well…

VariaTEA

I find Bird and Blend has a tendency to sneak things into blends that seem out of place. Hibiscus and rose hips are the ones I’ve mainly noticed.

Blech. If this wasn’t a rooibos it would be great, but all I taste is sweet sticks. It’s a super cute tea! But, alas the rooibos overpowers anything good flavor-wise about it.

AJRimmer

Aw I’m sorry you didn’t enjoy this one! All their cake teas sound soooo good, but I recently received an order from them and probably won’t order again until their July sale. Hopefully they’ll keep them around for a while!

amandastory516

I’ll pop it into the traveling tea box as well, so you should be able to try some before the July sale!

From this year’s B&B valentine’s sampler. It’s like their Birthday Cake blend, but sooooo much better. Creamier, richer, sweeter, cake-ier. It’s a rooibos, too, and I did wonder whether that would be overpowering. It isn’t; it actually works really well (and it’s rare I say that about a rooibos…)

I made today’s cup as a latte using 3tsp of leaf in 150ml water and adding 250ml hot milk, 1tsp agave and 1/2tsp vanilla essence. It’s liquid cake amazingness, and totally lives up to its name. I’m going to need more of this one…