Mon Petit Chocolat

Edit tea info Last updated by Dinosara

From Dammann Freres

For lovers of chocolate notes, a delicate black tea with a silky texture and cocoa sweetness which produces notes reminiscent of praline.

About Dammann Freres View company

Advent day 22! I was dubious when I saw this one. Chocolate teas are very hit or miss, but this one absolutely knocks it out of the park. It has sweet, caramel notes and just a bit of chocolate. It’s not chalky or synthetic tasting like so many chocolate teas tend to be. Really tasty and smooth.

Sipdown (721)!

One of the free samples from my DF order – and honestly something I likely wouldn’t have bought for myself, but I’m glad it was included because I thought this was actually really incredible! DF blends have this amazing ability to really nail their intended flavours (more often than not) while still feeling more delicate/refined and allowing the base teas to come through really well – and this is an excellent example of that.

The chocolate note is there but it’s much less intense than you would get from a more North American style of chocolate tea. They’re silky and velvety while still having the richness of a really nice, high quality chocolate. The other main note here is the “praline” which is sweet and nutty, kind of like a praline or almond brittle? You experience the chocolate note first – very smooth and graceful, and then it transitions into more of this sweet nuttyness. It reminds me a bit of a very nice, fancy “praline truffle” kind of thing you might get from a box of very high end French chocolates. It’s so nice, but most importantly you also get the black tea at the same time!

I enjoyed this a lot – it’s like the more grown up version of DT’s Chocolate Covered Almond, and while both are good and have a purpose this is something I think I could find myself drinking more often. Thanks DF for including it!

Martin Bednář