Sparkling Sangria

Herbal Tea
Apple, Artificial Flavouring, Blue Cornflowers, Hibiscus, Mango, Papaya, Pineapple, Rose Petals
Hibiscus, Rose, Sour, Tropical, White Wine, Apple, Flowers, Pineapple, Sweet, Candy, Dried Fruit, Fruity, Mango, Passion Fruits, Tart
Bulk, Loose Leaf
Caffeine Free
Edit tea info Last updated by Perry Papadopoulos

• “The last of my samples from a recent DT order. The rose and tropical fruit certainly help to balance out the hibiscus, but I still think the hibiscus made it too sour. With some sweetener, this is...” Read full tasting note
  • “The papaya and passionfruit flavoring made the dry mix of this smell so deliciously tropical and sweet, and I love the look of the blue cornflower. Unfortunately, once brewed up, this didn’t even...” Read full tasting note
  • “I poured this over ice. The flavor isn’t very strong but it’s very flowery. Not a huge fan of that :(” Read full tasting note
  • “I made a large pitcher of this tea yesterday morning and let it sit in the fridge until I was ready to have a drink. Dried this tea as a very floral aroma which I was expected from the hibiscus. It...” Read full tasting note

From DAVIDsTEA

Sun’s out? Time to break out the sangria. Something about that sparkling combo of red wine, fizzy soda and fresh fruit makes for pure summer magic. And no matter which patio you’re sitting on, everyone has their own signature recipe. Ours? Apple, papaya, mango, pineapple and hibiscus. Plus gorgeous cornflower and rose petals – because sangria is nothing if not pretty. It’s a sweet and tangy tropical infusion that sparkles with every sip. Just add wine!

Ingredients: Apple, papaya (papaya, sugar), mango (mango, sugar), pineapple (pineapple, sugar), hibiscus, blue cornflowers, rose petals, artificial passion fruit flavouring.

Price: $7.98 per 50g

About DAVIDsTEA View company

The last of my samples from a recent DT order.

The rose and tropical fruit certainly help to balance out the hibiscus, but I still think the hibiscus made it too sour. With some sweetener, this is a nice drink, but not something I would purchase if rose all day is available.

Flavors: Hibiscus, Rose, Sour, Tropical, White Wine

Iced

The papaya and passionfruit flavoring made the dry mix of this smell so deliciously tropical and sweet, and I love the look of the blue cornflower. Unfortunately, once brewed up, this didn’t even taste remotely fruity to me. It was all sour, dry, tart hibiscus and rose. I like floral teas, but hibiscus is unpleasantly sour to me, and even all of the extra sugar in this couldn’t mask that tart flavor. I get that DavidsTea likes to put in hibiscus or beetroot to turn the tea pink… actually, I don’t really get it… I don’t need my tea to be pink. The hibiscus is just overwhelming to me.

Flavors: Apple, Flowers, Pineapple, Sweet

Boiling 7 min, 0 sec 3 tsp 8 OZ / 236 ML

I made a large pitcher of this tea yesterday morning and let it sit in the fridge until I was ready to have a drink. Dried this tea as a very floral aroma which I was expected from the hibiscus. It brews a thrilling red colour (like most of the teas that adorn my cupboard currently).

I had a very interesting experience with tea though. The first two cups I did not get much of a flavour from, I felt like I was drinking more water than anything. My oldest poured herself a nice sized glass filled it with more ice and made her way to work for the night and told me it reminded her of gummy bears.

This afternoon I finished off the last cup full and my mouth came alive with flavours. It was a mix of sweet and fruity and I became a happy camper with this tea. I learned that it needs to steep a little longer than I do normally with my iced teas.

Flavors: Candy, Dried Fruit, Sweet

Iced

Sorry, but this was so sugar-laden that I could barely taste anything else. I am reminded of those off-brand sugar-free sparkling waters whose fruit flavours are off-the-charts artificial and the sweeteners used taste like sugar poison. This doesn’t resemble sangria in any way, shape, or form. Maybe a smidgen of papaya, but it wasn’t real in any way. There was a red berry-esque flavour buried underneath the sweetness. I think it was the hibiscus trying to be hibiscus but couldn’t be hibiscus? You know you have entered rough waters when already hibiscus can’t reveal its true identity. Absolutely zero passion fruit, which is to be expected. Oh well.

Helena

ah well hopefully your next tea tastes better!

Michelle

I love this one, simply because its so much better than the origianl Sangria tea. :)

Sipdown (299)

It’s pouring rain and our power is flickering off and on and I’m sipping on this iced tea. Seems like a weird choice given the circumstances.

Alright internet is back up. This tea is fruity though the rose is adding a weird sweetness here that I am not loving. It was an alright tea but not one I need stocked.

llok at you under 300 haha

VariaTEA

It’s a lie. I still have Peach Habenero Salsa

I didn’t hate the previous version of Sangria, but I didn’t love it enough to add it to my collection. I don’t love this tea either. It’s a nice tropical fruit blend. There doesn’t seem to be a lot of hibiscus in the blend which is nice for those who don’t care for it.

I’ve never had sangria because wine isn’t my thing, but I’m familiar enough with the recipe. This tea doesn’t strike me as sangria or even sangria-inspired. Perhaps, it’d be a version of sangria if you lived in Hawaii and the fruits you had easiest access to were mangoes, papayas, pineapples, and passion fruits instead of oranges and apples.

It’s just a run-of-the-mill tea that’s tropical, fruity, and refreshing over ice. Thankfully, I’ve only opened one bag, so I’ll probably mix it with Queen of Tarts until I’ve finished it off.

Flavors: Fruity, Mango, Passion Fruits, Pineapple, Tart, Tropical

I’ve never had Sangria before, but I imagine this is what it tastes like. The taste is very light and delicate. Not heavy on the fruit, not a hint of wine. Not bad but not collection worthy. Definitely worth a bag or two when its retiring or on sale.

Flavors: Dried Fruit

Boiling 5 min, 0 sec 2 tsp 8 OZ / 236 ML

A pleasantly tangy, refreshing herbal tea that works amazingly iced. I rarely say this, but the hibiscus works perfectly in this blend. It’s low enough down on the ingredient list that it doesn’t overpower the tea, instead providing a wonderful base note for the papaya, mango, and pineapple. I told myself I wouldn’t stock up on any of the Cocktail teas, but that might change because of this tart little tropical number.

I don’t believe there’s meant to be any wine notes in this tea, I think it’s more of a tea that you could mix with wine to make a sangria-inspired drink. I’m going to try it with a splash of red, or maybe even rosé if I’m feeling super adventurous. It’s also completely different from their Sangria blend last year, which is such a relief because Sangria and I did not get along.

Flavors: Candy, Hibiscus, Mango, Pineapple, Tropical

Iced 7 min, 30 sec

This is some good iced tea. I like it just as much as last year’s sangria but this one tastes more tropical.