Black Tea with Strawberry

Strawberry
Loose Leaf, Tea Bag
Medium
Edit tea info Last updated by Sivasubramanian

• “bwahahahaha go go gadget sipdown! I had this with a splash of cream and sweetner this afternoon while packaging up tea for friends. While i’ve enjoyed this one a bunch i am super happy to be...” Read full tasting note
  • “Goodbye yummy black Strawberry tea! Happy New Years Eve to everyone. :) We are doing nothing special today, but I did watch about 4 episodes of Supernatural (hello season 5!) so I’m very happy with...” Read full tasting note
  • “MMMMmmmmmm this is a great tea. Thanks Sil I’ve been drinking this for most of the evening, and it’s really nice. Nice gentle strawberry. Nice black base – is that a hint of malty chocolate way...” Read full tasting note
  • “Mucho gracias to Sil for this sample! I am really liking this blend. Uber yummy!! Reminds me of the Strawberry tea I bought from Pippins last summer, and still have a smidge left of, but it’s lost...” Read full tasting note

From Fortnum & Mason

The delicious taste of this classic summer fruit fused with black China tea makes an unusually refreshing drink – the perfect complement to a hot summer’s day.

Taste and Strength
Sweet and summery

When to Drink
Ideal at any time of day

Origin
Mainly China

Brewing Information
Use boiling water and brew for 3-5 minutes depending on taste. Best drunk without milk

About Fortnum & Mason View company

bwahahahaha go go gadget sipdown! I had this with a splash of cream and sweetner this afternoon while packaging up tea for friends. While i’ve enjoyed this one a bunch i am super happy to be sipping down another of my oldest teas! With any luck i’ll get through Feb 13 teas before i hit 2014 :)

pyarkaaloo

haha this is a cute review ;) i’m a real fan of strawberry black teas…did u try the one by Ahmad’s of London? i’m surprised at how good it is!

also: +1 for adding cream & sweetener, this is strawberry shortcake for sure

i think? i’ve tried ahmads but it’s not readily available here…

Goodbye yummy black Strawberry tea!

Happy New Years Eve to everyone. :)

We are doing nothing special today, but I did watch about 4 episodes of Supernatural (hello season 5!) so I’m very happy with where the day went! We’re almost out of Christmas cookies and chips and all that junk so that’s also a bonus. Then I won’t be tempted to eat all the bad things if it’s not sitting in my cupboard, taunting me.

Sipdown (157)

Fjellrev

Sounds like my NYE. TV and junk food. Ugh!

OMGsrsly

TV and junk food is perfect for me. :)

MMMMmmmmmm this is a great tea. Thanks Sil
I’ve been drinking this for most of the evening, and it’s really nice. Nice gentle strawberry. Nice black base – is that a hint of malty chocolate way in the back from the base – maybe, or it’s wishful thinking – either way I like this.
It’s not fake in your face flavors, it’s just nice and subtle but no question it’s strawberry. I really like this with a hint of sweetener and a dash of milk. It makes me happy.

OMGsrsly

Yours is the third or fourth positive review I’ve seen, so I’m adding this to my (distant future) shopping list! :)

Dexter

It’s different that what you would expect from Davids or Della, more natural somehow, more subtle, but yet oooozes strawberry. I really like it. If I saw it, I would buy more. :))

Excellent… :)

It’s quite nice. If I had more I’d send some your way but it’s been parcelled out. Heh

Mucho gracias to Sil for this sample!
I am really liking this blend. Uber yummy!! Reminds me of the Strawberry tea I bought from Pippins last summer, and still have a smidge left of, but it’s lost all it’s flavour since I didn’t have a tin for it and so ended up storing it in it’s gold foil baggie.
Anyhow, I digress.
This tea tastes just like a strawberry campino candy! Creamy and sweet. Yum. I love that it was amazing without any additives, but just a touch of sugar, as in 1/3 tsp, made it into a truly decadent dessert. I should have waited til later in the day haha.
The black base is nice as well, standing up to the flavouring. In some ways I think it is very similar to the 52Teas black base, only smoother and not so abrasive.

Ozli

Mmmm, strawberry campinossss. ;)

Indigobloom

it was so yum! I wanted strawberries after lol

I’ve got more at my place. Just Saying :)

also..did i mention MY PARENTS ARE IN PARIS FOR A WHOLE WEEK AS OF SATURDAY!!!!! which means they have been given a list of at least 5 teas i’d like them to go find. If they bring back even 1 i’ll be happy lol

Indigobloom

drooooooools. You are a lucky girl Sil!

Thanks, Sil, for this sample! I had two cups of this tea last night while getting caught up with the latest season of Dexter (yeah, I know, I was supposed to finish off the last few pages of the fourth Wheel of Time).

Loved the cream component to this tea. It was slightly more dominant than the soft, dessert strawberry flavour. Sugar and vanilla are usually good things. The black tea base was smooth, with little astringency or bitterness, making it easy to drink quickly. I regret not saving one of the servings for another day.

CHAroma

Ugh, Wheel of Time. That’s some of the worst writing I’ve ever read. The story is good, but the storytelling is atrocious.

CrowKettle

Yes! I’ve dealt with my fair share of mediocre writing (thank you fanfiction), but the length of this series drives home the absurd amount of repetition. I wonder how many times Nynaeve tugs at her braid across the whole series. Despite that, and other faults, I’ve enjoyed the story so far.

Here’s one from the BBBB, compliments of Sil. Thanks Sister!

I drank this straight, but I think next time I’ll sweeten it a bit, & maybe even add a little french vanilla creamer, ala strawberries & cream!
Little Terri is in my head, yelling, “I want more tea!!!”, like a little brat. The truth is, I do want more tea, but I need to make my next cup something without caffeine, so I can go to bed early, or at least at a reasonable hour tonight.

i liked this one cold…

Terri HarpLady

I could see that it would make for a nice refreshing cold brew :)

1.5 tablespoons for 375 ml

A little too astringent. I think that I must have used too much leaf. I should use only 1 tbp for 375 ml in the future. Good strawberry flavour.

Thanks to Sil for sharing!

i’ve got tons if you want another crack at it down the road lol

Raritea

I think so! I would love to try this again!

Strawberry flavored teas are pretty much always a hit with Ashman, and I like them myself. Our first was Marco Polo by Mariage Freres and it was excellent but finicky. Most of the strawberry teas we have tried are strawberry AND…something else like cream, yogurt (boy, that was a good one), coconut, or chocolate.

This one is strawberry. Dry leaves smell like strawberry in a big way. Steeped cup – yep, strawberry. We liked it a lot. I felt like the aroma and taste matched those strawberry hard candies that are wrapped in red strawberry print plastic and have a soft center, so I would call this more strawberry candy flavor than real garden strawberry. Or maybe strawberry pie filling? But it doesn’t taste sweet and there is no added sweetener.

A good tea from the advent box from which I am utterly ignoring the numbers on the doors, or even the month I am supposed to drink this. With 600 grams of tea in this puppy, it is going to take more than a month to finish it.

Cameron B.

Ooh you got their wooden advent too?! I’m so excited to start it in December!

Evol Ving Ness

I’m with both of you on the strawberry black teas. Love them.
Totally envious—in a good way—of the wooden advent. 600 grams! Wow!

ashmanra

Cameron B. – Ashman surprised me with it! We were looking at various advents and saw that one. I said it was nice but too expensive and kept going, and he said something about it being worth it since it was reusable. We ended up buying the Bonne Maman and I forgot about it, until DHL pulled up with a giant Fortnum box!

Cameron B.

Aww so sweet! He’s a keeper! And I have Bonne Maman as well, heh heh…

gmathis

Oh, Marco! I had a love affair with him years ago! ;)

CrowKettle

This is a favourite and I don’t even like strawberries all that much. It does last forever though :)

Really looking forward to you starting your F&M advent. So fancy!

ashmanra

gmathis – We no longer have a source for Mariage Freres! (sob) A Southern Season carries a few of their teas but they closed and I don’t know of any place within hundreds of miles that might have Marco for m to try again.

CrowKettle – The fruity teas really are good! I have tried several and I like them!

More of this one – same opinion, that it’s good enough, especially considering the age. Should be a sipdown soon!

The strawberry flavor of this tea is very strong compared to other teas I’ve had (possibly just due to age?) But I really enjoyed it. It might be good with some milk next time.

Flavors: Strawberry