Apple, Caramel, Ceylon Black Tea, Cloves, Ginger, Orange, Star Anise Bits, Vanilla
Burnt Sugar, Caramel, Malt, Spices
Loose Leaf, Sachet
High
Edit tea info Last updated by Cameron B.

• “Another one I could have sworn I had made a note for. I had this for breakfast and thought it was pretty good, lots and lots of rich, burnt brown sugar flavor and a decently strong black tea base....” Read full tasting note
  • “Home – 3:30 PM This is from my Piper & Leaf subscription for this month. The dry leaf smells lovely and caramely. Hmm… This is quite odd. It reminds me of curry… I’m not sure if it’s...” Read full tasting note

From PIPER & LEAF Artisan Tea Co.

Now available in luxurious pyramid sachets, packaged in our special edition, hand illustrated and screen printed muslin bags!

Rich, Creamy, Complex

“Our farm to cup process reinvents southern tea. Taste the difference of hand processed local fruits and herbs in our teas.”

A delicious autumn treat. Crisp apples, cinnamon, ginger, star anise, ginseng, and spices melt together in rich, creamy caramel and vanilla.

Ingredients: Ceylon tea, Apples, Caramel, Oranges, Star Anise, Ginger, Cloves, Ginseng, Vanilla

Brew at 212deg for 2.5-3min

Seasonal Item – Get it while it lasts!

About PIPER & LEAF Artisan Tea Co. View company

Another one I could have sworn I had made a note for.

I had this for breakfast and thought it was pretty good, lots and lots of rich, burnt brown sugar flavor and a decently strong black tea base. But I kept wondering where the apple was. I only drank half of the small pot.

Late in the afternoon I wandered by the pot and gave it a sniff. APPLE! There it is! A little sip confirmed that the apple was really there. Whether the flavor was covered up by the food I was eating (just oatmeal) or whether the apple doesn’t come out while the tea is piping hot, I don’t know.

After supper, I decided to rock out back and have some graham crackers. I heated the leftover tea to just above warm but definitely not hot, and the apple is quite apparent now. I will have to keep playing with this one, as I like it, and I wouldn’t mind having the apple flavor and not there, depending on the circumstances.

Home – 3:30 PM

Hmm… This is quite odd. It reminds me of curry… I’m not sure if it’s because of the star anise or something else.

It does taste caramel-ish, but it’s more of a dark burnt sugar flavor. I don’t get any apple. Mostly it tastes like spices.

What a strange tea. It’s not awful, but curry isn’t really a flavor that I look for in tea. :P

Flavors: Burnt Sugar, Caramel, Malt, Spices