drank Banana Nut Bread by DAVIDsTEA

So I finally stopped eating this blend like a sickeningly sweet trail mix and steeped it. When I was ever so elegantly chomping away on the blend it was the dates that really dominated everything. That is why my first sip gave me quite the surprise! No longer did it taste like fruity, syrupy chaos but a light oily banana thing which, if I pushed my imagination to the limit, I could envision being sort of “bready”..

It’s fascinating how the dates and nuts blend with the banana to make a powerful banana chips tea. It’s a different kind of banana from the Dulce Banana or Banana oolong teas. It leaves my mouth feeling like I have just eaten moist bread but without the crumbs and physical thickness. Not bad lukewarm. The dates make it very sweet. It does remind me vaguely of last year’s carrot cake, however, which I’m not the biggest fan of. Maybe not a keeper but a different and fun experience, for sure.