Enjoying this tea after a giant crock pot disaster! I exaggerate, I made a botched recipe of mac and cheese, the ingredients should have made a delicious creamy gooey meal, instead it was greasy, chewy and well.. we ate it anyways and I had to throw the rest out (enough for 4 more meals :( ). The joy and disaster of new recipes.

I knew I needed cheering up and a tummy settling, so immediately I craved this tea. I’m on steep number 7, and just now getting the slightest hint of spearmint notes.

I was naughty… I intentionally used cooler water than usual to coax out all the buttery, sweet corn notes I was craving. It worked better than I expected. Each steep was more flavourful than the last – but mostly just the flavours I wanted. That is manipulative of me o_o But I needed it today.

So yes, now the spearmint notes are coming out and tingling the tip of my tongue in celebration of alliteration. The water was the proper temperature this time, so now I will let the tea take me where it wants to. It’s a delicate balance, but we’ve definitely reached an understanding

Bonnie

:) So cool that you didn’t give up! Glad you found the sweet corn you were looking for!

aisling of tea

This is my crockpot guru: http://crockpot365.blogspot.ca/ I love her stuff, and they always turn out so good!

DaisyChubb

Ohh thank you so much for sharing!
My afternoon is booked with bookmarking recipes now. Much appreciated!

Comments

Bonnie

aisling of tea

DaisyChubb

Ohh thank you so much for sharing!
My afternoon is booked with bookmarking recipes now. Much appreciated!

You can call me Daisy.

My rating system is as follows:

50-75: It was alright! It was… alright! Not horrible, but I might not re-steep.

25-50: Ew. But I will finish the cup.

1-25: Please no, I want to dump it.

The Steepster community is my safe place. Thank you to all my tea friends!

<3 Daisy