I am officially impressed with this tea. I had a cup this morning, steeped for around 2.5 minutes and I thought it was delicious. no bitterness at all, just a lovely naturally sweet black tea. I made a second cup from the same leaves this afternoon and forgot to take the leaves out for ten minutes. I hoped it might be okay, since it was the second steep, and it is! There is the slightest hint of bitterness this time, more in the “aftersip” than anything else, but definitely palatable, and nearly as enjoyable as the first. I appreciate any tea that can handle my forgetfulness…

How did it take me so long to realize I love unflavoured black teas??

KeenTeaThyme

I too was reluctant to expand my black tea horizons. My how we’ve grown! :)

Uniquity

Thank the tea gods! (Though my wallet doesn’t…)

Uniquity

Update: Eked out a third steep this afternoon as I didn’t have enough time to dump the leaves, clean up and start a new one. The tea is definitely losing it’s flavour, but even on a thin third steep, this is more impressive than the standard bagged orange pekoe. It’s sort of reminiscent of Bigelow’s Bagged Ceylon right now, which I actually enjoy.

SteepedTeaChamp

Keemun is one of my very favorite teas. This Keemun is nice – not the best, but enjoyable. Keemun is very forgiving on long steeps – this makes it a good tea for beginners looking to explore regional teas. But don’t be fooled – pretty much all teas have a very limited steep time to capture the true essence of the leaf. I love to wake up to this tea. I have at least 2 cups each morning before I go out for the day.

Comments

KeenTeaThyme

I too was reluctant to expand my black tea horizons. My how we’ve grown! :)

Uniquity

Thank the tea gods! (Though my wallet doesn’t…)

SteepedTeaChamp

81 – 100: WOW. This is the cream of the crop.
0 – 40: No thank you, please. Take it away and don’t make me finish the cup.

Canada