Did things a little differently today and got more the result I’ve been expecting. I steeped this for only 2 minutes and ate a chocolate hazelnut straw at the same time. Let me tell you, that was a good plan. At least, it was until I looked at the nutritional information for the choco-hazel straws. That was a downer.

Anyway, none of the bitterness I remember experiencing with this tea. The base tea is still very mild and unassuming (but bolder than previously noted) and it still isn’t as rich or creamy as I would like, but it is significantly more satisfying. I think a shorter steep is good for the cheap black base, but hurts the blackberry and vanilla tastes. Darn!

Jessie

Chocolate hazlenut straws! Those always seem like a good plan to me. I can’t keep those in the house.

Jenn

I want to try this tea if only for the name. I want be a member of the Jane Austen Mafia.

Comments

Jessie

Jenn

81 – 100: WOW. This is the cream of the crop.
0 – 40: No thank you, please. Take it away and don’t make me finish the cup.

Canada