drank Paris by Harney & Sons

If Florence had me tap dancing down memory lane, you don’t want to get me started on Paris. It was the best of times, it was the worst of times. But the worst of times part was hardly the city’s fault. I think I’ve been to Paris about four times in my life. Two of those times it was fairly late spring, and both times it snowed. Something I think about every now and then as I really don’t associate Paris with snow. But I digress.

Whatever I’m smelling in the sample packet, fortunately, it isn’t reminding me of cough syrup. From the dry leaves I am getting the following, though I have no idea whether it is what I’m supposed to get: vanilla, citrus, other fruit, something spicy. The vanilla is hanging tough in the steeped aroma, along with the fruit.

I’d expected something Earl Greyish, as bergamot is an ingredient, but this isn’t Earl Greyish in the least. In fact, if I didn’t know it was there, I wouldn’t recognize the bergamot.

There’s a high lemony note, but the rest is just a really interesting blend of fruit flavors in which nothing jumps out to me on a first try. I can get a berry note if I try hard, but it’s not at all overt.

I haven’t fallen head over heels for this one, at least not yet. I like it, but I find it a little too confusing at the moment. It could surprise me, though. It could be like that guy you thought for the longest time was just ok, and then one day you wake up and realize he’s more than just ok and the world is going to end right that minute if he doesn’t love you back.

ETA: The berry is really starting to come out as the tea cools. Like I said, this one might just sneak up on me…

Lori

I definitely did not detect bergamot – mostly lemon. and yes this tea sort of grew on me…

Ewa

Maybe it’ll grow on me too…

Stephanie

Paris in the snow—so moody and lovely.

Comments

Lori

Ewa

Maybe it’ll grow on me too…

Stephanie

Paris in the snow—so moody and lovely.

90-94 First rate; top notch; really terrific; will definitely buy more

80-89 Excellent; likely to become a favorite, will likely buy more

50-59 Okay or run of the mill

Below 50 So-so, iffy, would definitely pass
or ick. The lower the number, the closer to ick.

Bay Area, California