Oh my, was this ever good! I made a cup for Mr.K after he got off work. He typically doesn’t choose flavored teas, preferring pu-erh and oolongs but today he chose this so I made up a cup. He asked for it no sugar, as typical and was disappointed when it tasted like “somebody put a dash of coffee in his tea.” I took it back from him, tasted it and decided it would benefit from some sugar. He okayed it, I returned to the kitchen to add the sugar. I tasted first before taking it to him and opined that it would greatly benefit from a splash of milk. Surprisingly, he also agreed to this and allowed it, but reiterated just a splash. Well, that splash made it. This ended up being a delicious, creamy dessert tea. Totally yummy!

Hi! I am a 23 year old Special Education major working two jobs, one that pays the bills and one (at a winery!) that funds my wine and tea obsessions. I’m a super huge nerd. My dad cut my teeth on comics, Star Wars and Studio Ghibli and my brother introduced me to indie music and Game of Thrones (books and show.) My husband took over from there with LotR and Firefly and we’ve since discovered Terra Nova, Star Trek: TNG, and pretty much everything good Netflix has to offer!
I’m still pretty new to tea, adding too much sugar, I’m sure. I just recently tried loose leaf at home for the first time. I was always rather intimidated by it and since trying it, I don’t know why. It’s really pretty simple! Being new, all I have is Teavana (a store opened up in a local mall) and only 2 types from there. I would really like to expand my tastes. I don’t like florality in my wine and I don’t care for it in my tea either. Pretty much any thing else is fair game. I’ve lurked here for a little while and I’m really excited to be a part of what seems to be a very open and welcoming community. Hoping to get to know you better! Cheers!

Southern Indiana