drank Matcha Salt by DAVIDsTEA

Matcha Salt! I asked my sis to grab a can for me before she visited me from Victoria, BC. I do lots of cooking, so I thought this would be cool to try.

Price wise, pretty good. $4.50 for sea salt is pretty good (I’m not sure why, but sea salt here in the US is more than Canada, but kosher salt is cheaper and easier to find here than in Canada).

The tin is very tea tin looking, but you twist the lid to line up a hole on the lid for pouring the salt. Do not use this hole unless you want lots of salt! It pours out so fast and gives you lots of salt! I’d take a pinch out of the can and be gentle with it as it’s pretty salty.

Taste wise, there is a hint of grassyness in this salt. I paired it with stir fried kale which was pretty tasty. I added it to rare roast beef sandwiches which added a bit of grass to it. I found I liked this salt paired with vegetables more. I haven’t tried this with fish or chicken yet.

Ehhhh, I’m not not sure how to rate this salt. Curious? Like to cook? Be a good conversation piece at the table for sure.