drank Dragonwell by Adagio Teas

This tea surprised me. I didn’t like it at first, but I made a whole pot of it and by the time I got to the last cup I had fallen in love.

First let me say I didn’t follow the recommended instructions! I tend to just let tea steep until it looks like it’s done, and by the time this was done the tea was a medium gold color. At first I didn’t like it, because at first taste it’s slightly bitter and strongly green. The aftertaste is sweet and clean, though, and it had me reaching for another cup. I’d definitely recommend steeping this a little longer, because three minutes isn’t enough.

I loved tea as a kid, didn’t drink it for about ten years, and then rediscovered it about a year ago. I’m still pretty new to the types and brands of tea out there, but I’m interested in trying some of everything! My favorites are earl greys, yunnans, medium-bodied oolongs, Japanese greens, and fruit flavors. My least favorites are teas that are overly smoked, bitter, or contain hibiscus.

Indiana, U.S.