Sipdown (124). Cold-brewed this last night for about 15 hours. Sadly I’m not sure this one is ideal for it, because the leaves didn’t open up all that much. Despite that the tea flavor still got into the water.

Cold-brewed this tastes like smoke-flavored water. There’s a little bit of sweetness or even fruitiness in the aftertaste, but I’m really not wowed. I’m going to have to declare this as Not My Thing, but I won’t say that of all Lapsang Souchong until I’ve tried at least a couple more. It might be the intense burnt-pine flavor of this that’s putting me off.

By the way, I remembered what the smell reminded me of! It was a shampoo I hated a few years ago. Odd how smell can make you remember these things.

I loved tea as a kid, didn’t drink it for about ten years, and then rediscovered it about a year ago. I’m still pretty new to the types and brands of tea out there, but I’m interested in trying some of everything! My favorites are earl greys, yunnans, medium-bodied oolongs, Japanese greens, and fruit flavors. My least favorites are teas that are overly smoked, bitter, or contain strong hibiscus or orange peel.

Indiana, U.S.