drank Lychee Oolong by Butiki Teas

Thanks again Stacy for this sample tea!

Last night I was so bad! I had such a sugar craving that I put cherry jam in my tea! It was verry good!
Naughty me!
This little sample packet from Butiki caught my eye this evening and I had a hunch that it would be luxurious and exotic enough to satisfy my sweet tooth!

After a 4 minute steep, I poured the pale yellow liquor into a tasting bowl and inhaled.
Ummmm, fruit like warm pears…..and smelled like paperwhites.
The flavor was sparkling and pearlike also, with plenty of floral sweetness and cream to make the taste fat in my mouth. The fat flavor rolled around over and over. It just would not quit until the tannin kicked in like a door stop!
I sweetened my cup a bit. I did like the dripping nectar, gooey flavor of Lychee fruit. It made me think of Kauai.
Most people go to Hawaii and lounge on the beach, drink, go to clubs.
I go to the beach, snorkle then find a local Farmers Market. I buy exotic fruit, veggies and seafood…go back to the condo and cook! Kauai was Lychee, Pineapple and Rambutan! Nice and juicy fruit! Yummy fruit ready to eat right away. No cold storage fruit from the store. Heavy with natural sugar fruit!

This Lychee Oolong takes you on a vacation! It’s so ripe with flavor and so juicy!

http://youtu.be/mlCiDEXuxxA You can’t get much more retro than Don Ho and Tiny Bubbles 1967

Azzrian

Tiny Bubbles Make me Happy! :)

Tawny Kira

I am the same way when I travel! When I went to the Virgin Islands when I was 17 I wandered about the towns away from the touristy spots- shopping in little local markets and things. It’s much more beautiful and interesting to explore the REAL town compared to following the normal tourist routine! Scuba diving is a must for me though! :D

Bonnie

Yup! I’ve been fortunate. My Aunt and Uncle lived in Peru when I visited them I went to places Americans don’t usually go. Nephew lives in Paris . Ex-mother in -law lived in Alaska when I went there and so on. You get a different perspective not staying in hotels. I stay in homes or condos which forces me to shop (love to do that anyhow) and cook!

Comments

Azzrian

Tiny Bubbles Make me Happy! :)

Tawny Kira