I was drinking this Pu-erh for my morning tea because I was feeling very sad and a really good cup of tea couldn’t help but cheer me up!

My car is up for sale, I had a buyer and we were to meet at the Bank today to complete the transaction but this morning they pulled out of the deal.

WAH! BOO HOO! (There…OK,done!)

Drowning my sorrows with tea was a pretty safe way to get over a disappointment. I know I’m usually cheerful, or I try to be unless I’m sick or there’s a disaster.
Tea has been seen as something offered for comfort. Just look at old movies.
“Here dearie, your whole family was lost at sea, have a cup of tea.” “Oh my Reginald, Lady Margarite has fainted, fetch some tea.”

Maybe it wasn’t quite that bad but almost! Funny and charming.

There’s some truth in the comfort aspect of tea drinking and that’s why I chose a Pu-erh (and a very good one) for my morning tea.

Pu-erh’s are calming and good for the stomach and blood pressure. (Just what Bonnie needs for maintaining a level head.)

It’s important for me to trust that all things will work for good and worry won’t gain me anything.

I made a lovely creamy latte. (Not all Pu-erh’s make excellent latte’s but this one is really good)
Savory turn’s caramel, the rich creamy sweetness soon taking my sad self to a more positive place where everything was sure to turn out fine in the end.

I took a deep breath. I sat thinking…
“Remember what you said just yesterday Bonnie about being grateful (you even wrote about it in a review you ninny). Were you really serious about gratitude only when things are going your way, or can you be grateful when disappointment or hardship is knocking at the door? Oh?!”
That’s not something I wanted to think about but it was true. It’s easy to be thankful when things go my way. I have to work harder on being thankful when they don’t.

See now how taking a break with tea can help settle the mind.
My tasty Pu-erh latte was what I needed to create the right mood and had perked me up!

Roughage

Sorry to read about the car deal. I hope a better one comes along soon. In the meantime tea is definitely a good solution.

Azzrian

It will get better Bonnie. :) Everything for a reason.

Bonnie

Got a call from someone else who says they will pay cash and are meeting me at the Bank at 1pm with my son-in-law. (I’m selling the car…Silver RAV4…. at a really good price!)

Helena

Well there’s lots of people looking for cars so don’t worry your will find a new home :D Tea is awesome, all hail tea :D

LiberTEAS

You know, I don’t think I’ve tried Pu-erh in a latte yet … perhaps I shall need to do this. I’m still trying to get over that period of time when I did not like pu-erh … and now, even though I’ve liked nearly all that I’ve tried, I still get that sense of apprehension when it comes to a pu-erh. I hope I get over it soon.

Bonnie

SOLD MY CAR>>>CASH IN BANK>>>>CAN NOW BUY SOME TEA!!!! (I haven’t been able to buy tea even so whoopie!)

YAAY! more tea is always a good thing :D

Spoonvonstup

Congratulations!!

K S

To Everything (Turn, Turn, Turn)
There is a season (Turn, Turn, Turn)
And a time to every purpose, under Heaven…

tigress_al

Yay! Now you can celebrate with a good tea!!

Bonnie

KS you are so right. I wrote the note on being grateful yesterday, today started as a downer and a reminder to remain grateful even when things don’t go my way. Then…everything turned around again. Hallelujah!

Comments

Roughage

Azzrian

It will get better Bonnie. :) Everything for a reason.

LiberTEAS

YAAY! more tea is always a good thing :D

Spoonvonstup

Congratulations!!

K S

To Everything (Turn, Turn, Turn)
There is a season (Turn, Turn, Turn)
And a time to every purpose, under Heaven…

tigress_al

Yay! Now you can celebrate with a good tea!!

Colorado Grandma