drank Raspberry Rumba by SerendipiTea

Thank you DHart1214 for this sample tea

I’m not a hibiscus hater like lots of people on Steepster, and find that it’s nice with fruit blends as long as the other ingredients have enough flavor on their own to keep from being overpowered.
Sort of like not putting mint with a softer vegital tasting tea because it would hide the flavor completely.

So I looked at the ingredients, apple, raspberry, rose hips, hibiscus, natural flavoring and a ‘Guatemalan black tea’ (really?), all organic, and thought that the balance should be tasty.

Yow! The tea brewed up like a Shu Puer on the 2nd steeping, almost black and thick! You could remove grease from a frying pan with the astringency.
Like any good culinary scientist (which I Ain’t),I put a little milk in the tea and watch an instant churning like DRANO as a whirl-wind of tea stirred itself and became a curdled cup of icky gunk!

I began again and tried a lighter steep and still there was a sour bad taste.
No apple, no black tea flavor to be found. Even sweetening could not make this a happy tea.

How can I find the good here. (That’s my job)

I’ve got it! It’s organic!

teabird

I love honest reviews :)

K S

I haven’t had anything that undrinkable in a long time. Cooler water maybe? Pass it out at halloween and tell the kids its suppose to be sour? They tell me they like that sort of thing.

Bonnie

Maybe with dry ice? Stick in some red wax lips? Cooler water with black tea? Shiver!

K S

Ooh dry ice. creeepy. Put it in a cauldron and tell them its gopher guts or something equally disgusting.

Several of the black teas I have tried (especially Teavivre) call for below boiling water. Darjeeling should be below boiling. Even some Ceylon teas I brew benefit from lowering the temp a bit. It sounds like it will not help in this case – on the other hand who knows.

Bonnie

It was a sample…wah wah, too bad (har har) can’t try it, all gone. Give it to Mikey! (remember that ad!)
Do you have up-to-date steeping perameter’s for GUATEMALAN BLACK TEA? (joke)

hannabling

Mix this tea with the big bag of Mate!

Good idea hannabling!

Comments

teabird

I love honest reviews :)

Bonnie

Do you have up-to-date steeping perameter’s for GUATEMALAN BLACK TEA? (joke)

hannabling

Mix this tea with the big bag of Mate!

Good idea hannabling!