drank Jasmine Pearl by Wegmans

Lovely and light. If you prefer heavier scented teas this may not be for you. However, I find strong jasmine too perfume-y so this one is perfect for me. Very floral at first which quickly changes to a very honey like sweetness. It tastes much like fresh honeysuckle. It is such a beautiful sweet flavor, I can’t get enough of this tea. It’s especially lovely chilled during these unbearably hot summer days.
Steeped for 3 minutes the first time around with no bitterness whatsoever. Takes multiple steeps very well.

Flavors: Honey, Honeysuckle, Jasmine

My favorite teas are unflavored Chinese blacks, especially Yunnans & Fujians and I’m also partial to strong Irish Breakfast blends and Assams. In addition to black teas I like heavy roasted oolongs and less-grassy green teas. I enjoy my blacks and oolongs unflavored, but have a soft-spot for flavored green teas. I always take my tea without additions except for masala chai blends which I always add milk to. Generally unsweetened soy or quinoa milks, occasionally I’ll splurge with some sweetened vanilla soy milk.

Likes: Anything roasty, toasty, smoky, or malty. As well as citrus and cream flavors.

Dislikes: Anise/licorice/fennel, stevia, & coconut.

Allergies: Peanuts & Tree nuts

I’ve decided to use a simplified rating system in order to keep things consistent.

100- The best tea I have ever tasted. Can’t live without it.

95- Wonderful teas that I drink almost daily, and will always have on hand. Probably the first teas I will recommend and serve to guests.

90- Teas I greatly enjoy and will restock often, though I may not always have them on hand.

80 – Good teas that I may purchase occasionally, or drink when I’m in the mood. Perhaps seasonal teas.

70- Enjoyable teas. I wouldn’t turn down a cup but may have to be in the mood to consider. Probably not a consistent in my cupboard.

60- I finished my cup/sample but wouldn’t purchase, and would turn down a cup if there were any other options.

50- Didn’t finish the cup. Would not drink again if offered a cup.

1- Nothing could make me try this tea again. And it has probably reduced my opinion of the entire company.

USA