drank Muscat by Lupicia

Got this one as a sample in the newsletter. It tastes… like a Lupicia flavored tea. It has that sort of indescribable quality to it — it smells like Lupicia and it tastes like Lupicia. The grape flavoring straddles the line between real and artifical — but not like American purple grape flavored, more like the grape candies at the Japanese supermarket. And it’s good, of course, but I’m not crazy about grape, so I’ll stick with the ones I like better.

Hi! I’m a linguistics major at a certain infamous east coast tech school, I write, I rock climb, and I have a mild obsession with Diana Wynne Jones.

I’m also Russian, which means I’ve been drinking tea all my life — always loose leaf, and always black. Black teas are still my favorite, but of course I dabble in a bit of everything. I really like ceylon, I recently discovered puer, and I’m having a lot of fun exploring flavored black teas (and making silly fandom blends on adagio…).

My tea cabinet may or may not be accurate at the moment, as I am transitioning between locations…

Rating system (work in progress):
95 – Wow!
85 – My favorites. Cupboard staple material.
75 – Really good. Debating whether to keep it around…
65 – Quite pleasant, but not for me. I probably won’t (re)purchase.
55 – Just okay.