drank Swampwater by DAVIDsTEA

It seems like this tea is a, “love it or hate it” kind of tea.

When David’s first introduced teas geared towards children, I got really excited. I was looking forward to child-friendly flavours and fancy teaware (which is adorable!). Swampwater piqued my interest just from it’s name and delicious smell. The clerk at the store insisted it was amazing. I’m a huge rooibos fan.

I brought it home and tried it. I was not expecting the colour. Something that looks like it was scooped out of a backyard pond. The flavour was underwhelming. I put it back in the cupboard and tried it again two months later. I added more leaves and upped the steeping time. Still no dice. There was still no flavour.

Cute teaware and stickers aside, I think I’ll stick to less gimmicky teas next time.

My foray into steeping happened with tin of Oreo cookie and salted chocolate caramel tea, back in college in 2009. I probably bought them for the novelty more than the taste— which sounds like a reason for many of my college-era purchases. The lovely little tea store was bought out by David’s Tea soon after I finished college. While I do enjoy getting tea from places other than malls, it’s difficult to find quality without going online. Most of my stash ends up being from there due to convenience.

I’m an early childhood educator. Tea is a big part of my daily life. I’ve yet to find anything as soothing and as energizing as it.

I’m on a big kick of blacks and herbals, especially straight ones.

80-100: A favourite! Would drink/purchase again
60-79: Decent, but probably won’t go back for more
40-59: Glad I tried, but one cup is enough
~40: No thanks. Never again!

Hamilton, Ontario, Canada