drank Pom Tango by DAVIDsTEA

Bought 100g of this immediately after a in store sample, but reading the ingredients I knew I was going to get it before I even walked into the store. Gotta say the first thing I noticed about this blend, nothing seems to float up in my infuser?!

I really do enjoy fruity teas, this one is a home run for me, it really reminds me of Paradise Found; however with improvements. Paradise Found is great and I have it in my stash, but I find it is a bit heavy on the hibiscus making it slightly tart, Pom Tango corrects that and replaces the tart with sweet.

Dry this blend has a nice aroma of Mango and Pomegranate and even the aroma smells sweet. There isn’t a whole bunch of color to make this an interesting tea to look at in the tin; however it does have big chunks of mango that let you know this tea means business. I should mention that with tea’s like this with big chunks of fruits and stuff I try to measure out a nice scoop of tea with out big pieces simply so I know I am getting a good helping of tea leaves in the mix.

Steeped this blend has a mango heavy aroma with a pomegranate undertone that is subtle yet present. The taste is a soft mango and pomegranate taste and is really packed full of flavor, this is actually one of the few teas I do not put any sugar in, simply because it is sweet enough and I think sugar would push it over the edge too much. Certainly one that has to be tried iced as well, something tells me it will be better iced.

Fjellrev

I have this one cold brewing right now! Can’t wait to try it tomorrow. Glad to hear it’s full of flavour.

Comments

Fjellrev

Tea, Earl Grey, Hot!

I will attempt to taste and comment on each and every blend offered from DAVIDsTEA and of course anything else that comes across my path.

I only drink tea brewed from loose leaf tea, and tend to sweeten my teas with a teaspoon of raw cane sugar per 8oz of tea and consider a cup either 12oz or 16oz depending on what mug I want to use.

I generally do not put milk in my tea’s; however sometimes I may make a ‘London Fog’ style drink or add milk to herbal infusions to add a bit more creaminess to it.

And I generally enjoy drink a nice hot tea while relaxing listening to some Led Zeppelin or Pink Floyd.

I am quite liberal with my Tea ratings, I take the smiley face to heart for judging. If I really like it then it will score a high grade regardless of the brand or if I can keep it in my cupboard or not. But to break it down further a bit more check this out:

0-10 – Wouldn’t drink it if I was dying.
10-20 – Are you sure this didn’t come out of a bag?
20-50 – There is hope for this tea…somewhere but not here
50-60 – Drinkable, but not stockable
60-70 – Ok, were onto something here!
70-80 – Wow you gotta try this
80+ I freaking love it, where can I buy it?

Vancouver, B.C.