drank Chocolate Chili Chai by DAVIDsTEA

Another sample in my order, one I thought about actually purchasing and now I wish I did :( At least there’s still enough for another cup.

It’s not as spicy as I would like it to be, but then again I have a heat tolerance far above normal. It’s so chocolatey though! This is the second chocolate tea I’ve had from DAVIDsTEA and they seriously do it right. I bought Read My Lips and I haven’t tried it yet, but judging from the other comments on this tea I will probably enjoy it too.

It’s not really a chai at all, but then again it does say “southwest chai” which I guess would mean “use peppers” because there doesn’t seem to be any actual spices in here. I can definitely taste that it’s ancho pepper in here, it’s a nice mild kick but I expected a bit more from the peppercorns.

And I decided now to turn it into a latte. I probably should have measured the milk but it’s still good and makes it taste even richer. And now I get more of the peppercorns in the aftertaste!