drank Violet by Kusmi Tea

I’ve never had anything scented with violet before. It smells fruity and sweetly floral. I’m most excited that Kusmi prefers a China base, and you can definitely taste it. Hunan maybe, possibly blended with Keemun. I’m just throwing out wild guesses.

The actual violet is a bit difficult for me to pick out, but I have no idea what violets smell like, and it is “scented” so I expected to find it more in the nose than on the tongue. It’s less fragrant brewed than dry, but it’s still there. Sweetly floral.

This was a sample given to me over and SOKO’s, since they didn’t have any of the 1oz tins (which Kusmi might not even make for Violet, anyways—I know only some of their teas come in the smaller tins). I like having a taster before committing to one of Kusmi’s jumbo tins (what are those, 4oz minimum?).

I’m still thinking on it, but I’m liking it so far. Granted, I’m still working through that tastebud-problem. I don’t know if I’ve just desensitized myself or if this is a symptom of something (as loss-of-taste often is).

As I sip (REALLY sip—full out slurping here), the China base melts away and I’m getting more of the violet, I think. Sticking with “sweetly floral” as my description. I think this would be a nice tea to have on-hand.

I only did four minutes to test, this time, but next time I’ll do five. I’ve got enough left in my sample for another cup.