The dry leaves smell very strongly of blackberry- they actually made my whole room smell like it!

Steeping- I’m unsure how much tea to use per cup- I feel like you need to be very exact, because it’s very easy to make it too weak or too strong. Of the two traps to fall into, this tea is better off too strong than too weak, at least to me. The leaves can be reused with no problem or significant change in steep time.

Taste- Surprisingly, this is a very light tea. The black tea is there without taking over, and it’s not bitter, which is always a plus. The blackberry flavoring isn’t too powerful, either- this tea smells stronger than it tastes! But it is still a nicely-balanced blend.

Would I buy this again? Perhaps. I don’t hate it, but I’m not exactly over the moon about it either.

Hello! I’m a recent college graduate, trying to find my way in the world. I love literature, politics, and tea.

Favorites: black, oolong, and white teas (anything with chocolate, vanilla, nutty, or spice notes!); pu- erh, yerba mate, chamomile, tulsi.

I have a love-hate relationship with kombucha, and I’m very picky about my chai- It has to have a high-quality black tea base for me to really enjoy it.

Dislikes: Plain green teas, rooibos, honeybush, fruity herbals, hibiscus in high quantities, plain peppermint. (Although I am not opposed to trying blends that cross into these neighborhoods if they come from reputable companies.)

I’m not a swapper, but I hope we can still be friends :)

90-100: Perfection and heaven and magic, all in one cup.

70-89: Good.