drank Zen by Tazo

Tea with honey in it when you can’t stop coughing is the best. Especially when the tea also has spearmint and lemongrass in it.

Which this one does.

Not a huge Tazo fan, usually. Not a huge Starbucks fan in general, come to that. But this is one of two teas I’ve tried from them that they’ve got right! It’s smooth, aromatic, minty, and lemony, and the green base is perfect. I have no clue why it’s called “zen”- maybe this particular blend is harmonic and balanced?

Anyway, this is a solid, never-disappointing, steady choice for a bagged green. Excellent straight up, or with some sugar or honey, but only a touch of either is needed.

Hello! I’m a recent college graduate, trying to find my way in the world. I love literature, politics, and tea.

Favorites: black, oolong, and white teas (anything with chocolate, vanilla, nutty, or spice notes!); pu- erh, yerba mate, chamomile, tulsi.

I have a love-hate relationship with kombucha, and I’m very picky about my chai- It has to have a high-quality black tea base for me to really enjoy it.

Dislikes: Plain green teas, rooibos, honeybush, fruity herbals, hibiscus in high quantities, plain peppermint. (Although I am not opposed to trying blends that cross into these neighborhoods if they come from reputable companies.)

I’m not a swapper, but I hope we can still be friends :)

90-100: Perfection and heaven and magic, all in one cup.

70-89: Good.