Golden Yunnan Whiskey Sour

Edit tea info Last updated by 52teas

• “I've been going through my tea stash, trying to reorganize it from the mess it has been, and I came across this tea ... It's been a while since I've had it, and it is still just as good as I...” Read full tasting note
    LiberTEAS 4550 tasting notes
  • “If I'm going to have a mixed drink, it's most likely going to be a whiskey sour. When Frank hinted that his next blend would rival the wine-flavored teas, I wished and wished and hoped that it...” Read full tasting note
    Madmama 902 tasting notes
  • “I was hoping for more with this one but I did find the Golden Yunnan base tasty and as it should taste. The whiskey flavor and cherry essence was a bit difficult to detect. I did love the smell of...” Read full tasting note
    RachanaC 432 tasting notes
  • “This tea seemed like the perfect thing to help warm me up on this bad weather day. And since I don't have to go to work today, it just seemed right (and almost forbidden) to start the day off with...” Read full tasting note
    mrawlins2 1015 tasting notes

From 52teas

Ultra-premium golden Yunnan tea, blend it with lemon peel and natural whiskey-, lemon- and maraschino cherry flavors. This is all of the Yunnan I have, so when this is gone, it’s GONE.

About 52teas View company

I’ve been going through my tea stash, trying to reorganize it from the mess it has been, and I came across this tea … It’s been a while since I’ve had it, and it is still just as good as I remember it.

Very nice.

If I’m going to have a mixed drink, it’s most likely going to be a whiskey sour. When Frank hinted that his next blend would rival the wine-flavored teas, I wished and wished and hoped that it would be a whiskey sour tea.

Yes, happy Jaime happily bought two pouches.

The Golden Yunnan base is delicious; bold, and not overpowered by the flavorings. As for the flavorings, yes, it tastes like a whiskey sour. Good, full whiskey flavor, just a hint (more like a whisper) of cherry, and somehow Frank managed to make this taste like there’s actual sweet & sour mixer blended in. It’s not as strong on the “sour” part as I prefer…then again, if this were the lock-your-jaw sour that I prefer, very few others would like it…or even make it past the first sip.

Frank, you’re a tea-blending genius. I firmly believe that this should be in the permanent collection, and that you should enter it into the North American Tea competition next year.

Cofftea

I’m thinking moving this to ManTeas would be even better, but I didn’t want to risk the chance of that not happening- I ordered mine yesterday.

Jaime

It would be a good ManTeas blend. I’m already wanting another cup, but it’s all the way at my house. :-(

Geoffrey Norman

This stuff sounds awesome, and I concur with the ManTeas bid.

52teas

I’m actually working on some stiffer stuff for ManTeas. I’ve been having one heck of a time sourcing a worm to put in the pouches though. But have no fear, I will figure it out. :D

Cofftea

Frank, speaking of worms- I DID have a really good chili pepper tequila once…

Jaime

Oh, tequila…Jose is never kind to me the next morning, so I would be all for a good tequila blend.

But no worms, please. I’m terrified of worms.

52teas

Aw. Just one little bitty worm?

Jaime

Last week I woke up and went into the living room, turned on the light, and screamed bloody murder because I thought there was a worm in the middle of the floor.

It was thread.

Give me snakes, spiders, anything. But no worms.

I was hoping for more with this one but I did find the Golden Yunnan base tasty and as it should taste. The whiskey flavor and cherry essence was a bit difficult to detect. I did love the smell of the dry leaf and was hoping so much for the flavor to translate. Still it was pretty good. My hubby loved the idea of it.

This tea seemed like the perfect thing to help warm me up on this bad weather day. And since I don’t have to go to work today, it just seemed right (and almost forbidden) to start the day off with a Whiskey Sour tea. I think Frank nailed this tea. The Yunnan is smooth and slightly malty (but only noticeably malty when milk is added), just enough of the Whiskey flavor to rival the actual thing and of course the perfect amount of lemon and cherry flavors. Wow, this stuff is good.

Jack: “Too hot. Too strong.”
Mike: “Just right.”
Matt: “Too cold.” (Had a cup after three hours :D)

Brewed in a funny looking glass teapot with silly infuser contraption.