Breakfast Smoothie Honeybush

Honeybush Tea
Edit tea info Last updated by 52teas

• “Cold brew of this today to rehydrate and have something cool to drink. It's not bad, but not great...not a repurchase but much more drinkable than cranberry vit from frank heh” Read full tasting note
    Silaena 4043 tasting notes
  • “This one's possibly the last honeybush sample I have from *Momo*, thanks! The aroma of this one is familiar, possibly from another 52teas blend, and not one that I particularly am smitten with....” Read full tasting note
    kittenna 2221 tasting notes
  • “I was a little disappointed when I first tasted this honeybush, but it was entirely my own fault. I brewed it up and poured myself a cup. When I tasted it, I felt let down with the lack of...” Read full tasting note
    canadianadia 350 tasting notes
  • “Onto day two, I again opened this last night and tried to guess what it was. I had completely forgotten about this one and was left wondering, bubblegum tea? Did I miss a bubblegum tea? Ah yes,...” Read full tasting note
    pandamanda 1195 tasting notes

From 52teas

Our latest honeybush blend is a delicious medley of sweet honeybush, freeze-dried orange sections, freeze-dried pineapple, and dried banana slices blended with natural orange, pineapple and banana flavors. It’s a caffeine-free treat you won’t want to miss, perfect for breakfast or anytime.

Our Tea of the Week for the week of February 13th, 2012

About 52teas View company

Fell in love with this when I first tried it. I cheated a little and opened this on the first day of hanukkah instead because I needed a little celebration to cheer me up during finals. It absolutely blew my mind.

I tried it again today and I definitely used too much leaf. The result tasted like bubblegum. I’m a little disappointed but I know it was my fault because it tasted so good last time. (rating it from my first taste)

hmm this one is strange, at first smell, i was reminded of main squeeze by davids tea… but it tastes so much better than that!… It kind of tasted like bubble gum to me! I really enjoyed this honeybush!

Boiling

Banana flavor is very potent. I taste a slight citrus flavor, but it is barely there. Overall, tastes pretty good, exactly like a smoothie.

It smells and tastes like pink hubba bubba bubblegum. It is a nice tea to curb the sweet tooth. Doesn’t remind me of a breakfast smoothie at all…Hubba Bubba smoothie is more like it.

I am relatively new to the world of Honeybush teas but if this tea is any indicator I have been definitely missing out! The fruity blend of orange, pineapple and banana combine incredibly well with the sweet Honeybush base. Unlike Rooibos teas, the Honeybush base adds a very pleasant sweet layer that enhances the flavor of the tea without any woodsy aftertaste.

This stuff smells fruity and delicious as soon as I opened the package. When I tried it I didn’t taste smoothie, I tasted… bubblegum?! What the…?! At the end of each sip I can pick out some fruitiness, maybe banana and pineapple, but mostly bubblegum. Not quite what I was expecting, but very nice. It seemed a little sweet on it’s own, but also good with a touch of sugar. The first two steeps were great. The third steep which I didn’t add sugar to was a bit on the weak side, had a slight licorice aftertaste and was still yummy. It is my first honeybush experience and it was pretty good. I’ll definitely be looking into more honeybush teas in the future.