Pu Erh Pearls

Pu-erh Tea
Edit tea info Last updated by John Grebe

• “I brewed this one in my gaiwan with a quick rinse which loosened up the pearl enough that it started to break apart when I poured in the water for the second round. The brew was a darker mellow...” Read full tasting note
    JohnGrebe 215 tasting notes
  • “I really love these! It is so handy that one pearl is plenty of tea for one of my big mugs, and I can resteep it over and over again, making practically enough tea with one pearl for all day! I...” Read full tasting note
    Zimaleah501 169 tasting notes

From Adagio Teas

Generously sized for teapot brewing, this extra large pearl gives the term tea ball new meaning. Compressed fermented five year old shou style pu erh leaves are wonderfully earthy, smooth and comforting. They take second infusions well as they slowly unfurl or pop one in your travel tumbler for a day of smooth, earthy sips.

Steep at 212° for 5 minutes.

About Adagio Teas View company

I brewed this one in my gaiwan with a quick rinse which loosened up the pearl enough that it started to break apart when I poured in the water for the second round. The brew was a darker mellow smooth brew with a bit of earthiness in a good way with reasonable refusability when it comes to ripe puerh.

I really love these! It is so handy that one pearl is plenty of tea for one of my big mugs, and I can resteep it over and over again, making practically enough tea with one pearl for all day! I typically do 4 steeps, though I like longer steep times for more intense flavor. I am sure many people can do even more. Great bang for your buck!