Rose de Chine

Edit tea info Last updated by Shmiracles

• “LOVE this. Chinese black tea and roses? Two of my very favorite things. Plain Chinese black tea is perfect. And I need something strong to balance out the 5 cups of coffee I drank yesterday while...” Read full tasting note
    oddree 98 tasting notes
  • “wow what?!??!!? i might actually like this rose tea! good job ATR. something about this tea is a bit more of an earthy rose perhaps. or could be the black base. either way, i might consider it my...” Read full tasting note
    shmiracles 741 tasting notes

From American Tea Room

In Rose de Chine, dark Chinese tealeaves are skillfully scented with rose and adorned with brilliant fuchsia, magenta and peach rose petals. The bouquet is decadently perfumey in the leaf and the brew. The orange-garnet infusion tastes of classic, tobacco- and leather-tinged English black tea that has been enlivened with fabulously floral (but not overpowering) rose notes. Balanced and aromatic, Rose de Chine is a joy to imbibe.

Temperature: 175F
Infusion Time: 4 Minutes
Caffeine Level: Medium
Origin: China

About American Tea Room View company

LOVE this. Chinese black tea and roses? Two of my very favorite things. Plain Chinese black tea is perfect. And I need something strong to balance out the 5 cups of coffee I drank yesterday while waiting for my biscuits and gravy. I managed to eat Chinese food and go to the cafe, and lots of beer, but no running.

Watched new Sherlock episode last night before bed, so couldn’t drink John Watson tea at the time, but while I very much want to daydream about Sherlock today, it’s hard to not think about Teen Wolf. Maybe by the end of the day I’ll come up with some truly awful Sherlock/TeWo crossover fic idea from hell. Maybe just werewolf!John, which is already a thing.

Shmiracles

that Sherlock werewolf fic you recommend once was definitely a memorable one.
and i really liked this rose tea too :)
and i DID drink Reichenbach Reunion last night while we watched the new ep. which obviously explains why i was up until 2am and also why i almost overslept today. … so yes you made a good choice ;)

oddree

Yeah, I have more parts of that werewolf!John fic on my kindle to read. I could use 3 more cups of this chinese tea, but I’ll have to try rose scented or lemony gunpowder instead because that’s what I got. My brain is pretty much useless anyway. #doublemonday

oddree

Aww and Blindness (Amtrac remix) just popped up on my phone.

oddree

And I’m eating Kedem Vanilla Tea Biscuits for breakfast.

Shmiracles

you are really making the most of this morning! :)

OMGsrsly

It’s a thing?! Is it an awesome thing that everyone should read?

oddree

It exists! I like coloredink’s werewolf!John fic series – http://archiveofourown.org/series/60907 – and I’m not even a big werewolf fan, I have just found myself in a fandom with actual canon werewolves now, so, um glad to have the experience I guess. Plus who doesn’t love puppy!John and kitty!Sherlock fanarts???

OMGsrsly

cackles Thanks for the link!

Actual Canon Werewolves are better than surprise!werewolves any day. :)

Shmiracles

oh hey!!! this is the werewolf AU i THOUGHT of first http://archiveofourown.org/works/174980
so i guess oddree DIDN’T recommend this one especially because she hasn’t actually read it yet. hah. but it stuck with me which is kinda saying alot because i forget everything hah

OMGsrsly

YES. And I downloaded the Calibre plugin, and also now have GrabMyBooks for Firefox, so I have ALL THE FIC to read.

:D

wow what?!??!!?
i might actually like this rose tea!
good job ATR. something about this tea is a bit more of an earthy rose perhaps. or could be the black base. either way, i might consider it my favorite rose tea so far. (don’t be mislead though, cuz in honesty rose teas really aren’t my thing. not my preference.)

i drank this last night too. the last day of 2013.
getting individual cups in my belly so i can start the new year with 600 teas tasted. this tea was # 597.