Green Tea Strawberry Vanilla

Green Tea
Edit tea info Last updated by Meghann M

From Argo Tea

Japanese Sencha blended with strawberry and vanilla.

About Argo Tea View company

MMMMM….loving the smell of the tea leaves :) I bought a 6ozish sized container of this when I was at the O’Hare airport the beginning of July. The container is thick glass (unfortunately clear glass, so the tea will be affected by light, but it resides in my dark cupboard when not in use). The glass lets you see the leaves and strawberry pieces and it looks very nice, the leaves are dark and long.

While steeping this tea is very fragrant. It is sweet and tart, similar to strawberry fro-yo with a sencha background. On the tongue it isn’t quite so yogurty but more of a sweet strawberry flavor. The sencha is a great pairing for the strawberry and vanilla flavor as it is upholding it’s own against the strong strawberry. The vanilla adds a little creaminess to this tea. I wouldn’t need milk or sugar for this brew, it is good and flavorful on it’s own. Very happy I was able to get some of this tea.

Caitlin

This sounds delicious!!!

Janefan

sounds yummy! I really liked Lupicia’s Strawberry Vanilla, I bet I’d like this too.

-Jessica-

it must be a starwberry vanilla kind of day around here! lol

Meghann M…thanks so much for sending me a bit of this tea! You are wonderful!!!!

This smells AWESOME! I can see the dried strawberry bits nomnomnom.

This has a strong green tea taste…a bit on the grassy side and a very aromatic strawberry seduction to it…lovely! Good both hot and cold!!!!

Thank you to TeaEqualsBliss for sending me a bit of this tea to try! It’s quite nice!

It smells very good – like fresh strawberries (always a welcome aroma!) The notes of vanilla are a little less apparent in the fragrance, but I think that is just because the strawberry scent is so strong.

The flavor is very smooth. Strawberry-licious! The green tea is the strongest flavor in the cup and it has a slight grassy-bitter taste to it, but it isn’t bad at all. The strawberry sweetens it up so nicely that the grassy note gives this cup some interest. The vanilla is not strong here at all, it is a background note, like a hint of cream with the berries. Very nice.

Water was too hot, I ruined what would have been a good cup of tea. sigh will try again when I can give it better attention.

Meghann M

:-/. Sorry to hear the first try was a fail.

Janefan

It was totally operator error, sorry to waste the tea. It was drinkable but bitter. I will hopefully do it justice next time. Thanks for the sample!