Lemon Ginger plus Probiotics

Herbal Tea
Cinnamon, Citric Acid, Ginger, Lemon Peel, Lemon Verbena, Lemongrass, Licorice Root, Natural Flavours, Natural Ginger Flavor, Natural Lemon Flavor, Rose Hips
Lemon, Ginger, Biting, Sugar, Sweet, Lemongrass, Lemon Zest
Tea Bag
Caffeine Free
Kosher
Edit tea info Last updated by Chai (not Kai) Mera

• “i’m drinking this because an office-mate downstairs had some and i saved a bag in my desk for months and now i am at work with a stomach virus so this is obviously why i waited to drink it. i...” Read full tasting note
    shmiracles 762 tasting notes
  • “Pro-biotic tea is such a good idea! I love ginger teas, too. This one doesn’t taste much like ginger, but that’s okay because it still tastes good. Very light and lemony and smooth....” Read full tasting note
    teaqueen 564 tasting notes
  • “this one’s my favourite lemon ginger. it’s the one i prefer to keep around, though i’ve got a box of twinings instead right now…i can honestly say that i prefer bigelow for...” Read full tasting note
    anshin 5 tasting notes
  • “Friday Feb. 18, 2011 1st Steep of The Day Started the Work Day a New Way “No Earl Grey” Went with Biggie’s Lemon Ginger Herb Plus This is a Great Cup For Morning Start Up. Herb...” Read full tasting note
    truckie442 375 tasting notes

From Bigelow

Lemon Ginger Herb Plus Probiotics

Bursting with flavor, this caffeine-free herb tea provides a momentary break from the busy day. Best of all, it effectively delivers GanedenBC30 probiotics" , shown to maintain a health balance in your digestive tract. Now while you’re enjoying the soothing aroma and blended flavors of lemon with the hint of ginger, you’ll be sipping your way to a healthier you.

Ingredients:
lemongrass, lemon peel, cinnamon, natural gingersnap and lemon flavors with other natural flavors (soy lecithin), lemon verbena, rose hips, ginger, licorice root, GanedenBC30™ (Bacillus coagulans GBI-30, 6086), citric acid

Caffeine Status 0mg
Gluten Gluten Free

About Bigelow View company

i don’t see how the probiotics can really be functional in a tea bag, but then again i went to art school, i don’t know how probiotics work. but i do know that i love them.
my protein smoothies have amazing probiotics in them. and that is why i think i am the only one in my house not barfing today. (high five)
so the tea itself is not very ginger. bummer. mostly it’s lemon and sweet. it’s meh. whatevs it’s fine. kinda like hot lemonade.

Pro-biotic tea is such a good idea!

I love ginger teas, too. This one doesn’t taste much like ginger, but that’s okay because it still tastes good. Very light and lemony and smooth. This would be an excellent tea to drink when fighting off a stomach bug or some other nasty virus.

this one’s my favourite lemon ginger. it’s the one i prefer to keep around, though i’ve got a box of twinings instead right now…i can honestly say that i prefer bigelow for this one. it’s a fairly mild lemon ginger, more lemon than ginger. which i like. it’s pretty smooth and a good one to calm an upset stomach.

Friday Feb. 18, 2011
1st Steep of The Day
Started the Work Day a New Way “No Earl Grey”
Went with Biggie’s Lemon Ginger Herb Plus
This is a Great Cup For Morning Start Up.
Herb Plus Probiotics
lemongrass, lemon peel, cinnamon, natural gingersnap
Keep On Steepin

It taste like dessert, like a lemon meringue or something. However, it is not strong enough and has an artificial after taste. I did not enjoy this tea.

The smell of the bag was overly lemony, with a strong under-note of ginger. When I placed the bag into the water, there was a warm, almost desserty smell, a mixture of the ginger and something I couldn’t quite place. In the background is a hint of licorice, and a good amount of lemon.
For the past 2 weeks I’ve had a bad stomach bug, and I’m sure this will help.
The color of the tea is a pretty dark ginger color. The taste is very delicious, with a good equality of lemon and ginger, with almost hidden under-notes of everything else. It’s a little watery, but then again I prefer my tea to be steeped much longer than the instructions say.

I can’t believe I haven’t reviewed this one yet. It’s a staple in my tea collection – I always have this on hand. It’s my favorite lemon ginger tea out there. I don’t drink this everyday but when I do it’s several cups at a time. A very relaxing cup and very delicious.

gmathis

Interesting! May I ask where you found that? (I love Bigelow Ginger Snappish, which is a seasonal lemon/ginger combo that disappears in January.)

I’ve had this before as a hot tea and I really enjoyed it. I made this as a cold brew today since I needed something for the evenings. (I tend to waaaay over do it on caffeine.)

I’m not sure about the probiotics aspect but this is a nice lemon-y tea. The ginger didn’t come through very strongly as a cold brew but there is a hint of it.

Flavors: Lemon

Iced 4 min, 0 sec
AllanK

The problem with adding probiotics to tea is they can’t survive boiling water if you make it as hot tea.

carol who

I agree but I thought maybe cold brewed there might be some positive effect.

AllanK

There are said to be probiotics in ripe puerh too. The Chinese believe that these probiotics can survive boiling water. My gastroenterologist said something different.

This is my go-to evening tea. I drink it straight, and I leave the tea bag in the entire time. The ginger isn’t over powering, and balances nicely with the lemon.

Boiling 8 min or more

Bought this tea for when I feel sick because it stands up well to honey. I don’t normally sweeten teas. Pretty much only when sick. Don’t want to waste good tea when I can’t appreciate the flavor profile.
I have a cold and possibily a tad bit of a sore throat.
Brewed 2 tea bags in 16 oz of water with organic honey. Smell lemon, lots of lemon. Tastes primarily of lemon. I only get a little ginger and honey.
I feel this tea does the job I bought it for. However, I wouldn’t drink it on its own. 75

Flavors: Ginger, Lemon