Sugar Plum Spice

Fruit Herbal Blend
Cinnamon, Plums
Edit tea info Last updated by katrina

From Celestial Seasonings

Take a sip of Sugar Plum Spice Holiday Herbal Tea and journey with us to the Land of the Sweets in Tchaikovsky’s The Nutcracker. Here you’ll find gingerbread houses, trees laden with sugar plums, days filled with sunshine and the beautiful Sugar Plum Fairy. Sugar Plum Spice is made with 100% natural herbs and the festive flavors of plum and spice, with just a hint of sweetness.

About Celestial Seasonings View company

This is a unique tea. I have yet to run across another like it. You can definitely taste the plum spice, so if you’re not a fan of spice teas, you probably won’t like this one very much. It’s not something I reach for every day, but when you just need something different, it fits the bill. I can definitely enjoy it without sweetener so that helps in my book.

Very appropriate for winter evenings, especially if there’s a book and a fleece throw involved. Purring cat optional.
Tastewise, the plum really doesn’t come through. It smells like it should, but the flavor disappoints just a bit. Nice cinnamon and cardamom, but a bit acidic for my taste. Could stand to be a bit richer. Still, a nice tea for the price and convenience.

Meh.

Mostly spice, not much plum. Disappointing body (too watery feeling in the mouth). It just feels like something is missing. Kept bringing the tea bag back for additional steep time but it just added more spice, never rounded out. Maybe I will try blending in more black tea next time.

Blech. Belch blech blech. Not good – its all spice, and no tea. Less steeping only results in less flavor overall. I think it’d be worth trying it in place of (or addition to) mulling spices in a nice full bodied red wine (with orange peel? and a bit of fruit brandy before serving? I’ll work on this…), but otherwise blech.

I think I had this a while ago (last year sometime), but I do remember liking it and thinking it was a good tea if you want something around Christmastime that is cheap.

Too fruity, not very potent. Ew.

Overwhelming cinnamon flavor (gum-esque) and the fruit flavor is not very distinctly plum-like. Adding sweetener to this was also a bad idea. If I’m going to have cinnamon tea, I’d rather have Stash’s apple cinnamon or Miro Tea’s cin gin mate. Giving this to Beth since she liked it.