Watermelon Mint

Fruit Herbal Blend
Apple, Artificial Flavouring, Beet Root, Carrot, Honeydew, Peppermint, Strawberry Leaves, Watermelon
Fruity, Melon, Mint, Sweet, Candy, Apple
Caffeine Free
Edit tea info Last updated by DAVIDsTEA

• “I really like this one. It's so light and fresh. There's a lot of mint, melon and bubblegum sweetness on the nose, but steeped I wouldn't describe the taste as sweet. It's meloney, cooling and...” Read full tasting note
    Anlina 61 tasting notes
  • “Iced, this is very refreshing. The mint leaves a cooling feeling for quite awhile. I really enjoy the watermelon. I remember someone mentioning something about bubblegum, and I got a hint of...” Read full tasting note
    tigress_al 802 tasting notes
  • “I finished this one last night and am a little ambivalent towards it. I'd drink it if I had more, but I don't know that I'd go out of my way at all to get more. It was enjoyably fruity/minty but...” Read full tasting note
    cavocorax 1673 tasting notes
  • “This tea was surprisingly refreshing. It doesn't look like much when you pour the leaves into your hand but boy is it aromatic when you add the water. The mint is definitely in the forefront with...” Read full tasting note
    Mullenoverit 55 tasting notes

From DAVIDsTEA

If you ask us, the watermelon is king of summer. We know it’s a bold statement, but it’s true. No picnic, BBQ or pool party is complete without its juicy pink-and-green goodness. And this summer we’re giving you one more reason to think pink…a fresh and fruity melange of melon and apple, with a super-refreshing burst of peppermint. Try it on ice with a splash of vodka – it’s the ultimate summer thirst quencher. All hail the king! Limited edition.

About DAVIDsTEA View company

I really like this one. It’s so light and fresh.

There’s a lot of mint, melon and bubblegum sweetness on the nose, but steeped I wouldn’t describe the taste as sweet. It’s meloney, cooling and refreshing. From the mint I don’t get a lot of mint flavour, just this beautiful cooling sensation, which makes me want to try this iced on the hottest summer days.

Flavors: Fruity, Melon, Mint, Sweet

205 °F / 96 °C 4 tsp 20 OZ / 591 ML
albertocanfly

I love this tea, it is definitely one of my favorites. And you’re right, the flavor is a bit tough to describe!:] P.S. It is wonderful iced! :]

Anlina

David’s has the Watermelon Mint solos on sale for 40% off right now. I picked up two today – 170g for just over $10 :D

I was also very excited when this came out, because I’d had the melon mint tea from Gurmano Tea ages ago, and it was amazing, but I don’t like ordering from over seas unless I’m going to get enough stuff to justify shipping. This is very similar, though at least it doesn’t look like that one is going anywhere if I need more melon mint in the future. http://www.gurmanotea.co.uk/190004/melon-mint

albertocanfly

That is such and incredibleeee deal. Wowza. If I had money to spare, I’d be all over those! Unfortunately, have to save up for my nursing certification..Not allowed to buy a thing until that gets paid no matter how inexpensive! oh, pooh bears. When I run out of this, I’ll just have to live through your tasting notes of it! :D tehehe.

Oh, man. That sounds incredible!!! :D Hopefully it stays around for my mid-winter I really do need some summertime magic moments. If you decide to order some of this, I look forward to your tasting note on it! :D

Iced, this is very refreshing. The mint leaves a cooling feeling for quite awhile. I really enjoy the watermelon. I remember someone mentioning something about bubblegum, and I got a hint of that here. But I enjoyed it.

Iced

I finished this one last night and am a little ambivalent towards it. I’d drink it if I had more, but I don’t know that I’d go out of my way at all to get more. It was enjoyably fruity/minty but not memorable enough to clutch onto.

This tea was surprisingly refreshing. It doesn’t look like much when you pour the leaves into your hand but boy is it aromatic when you add the water. The mint is definitely in the forefront with the watermelon providing a sweet finish to the drink. It brews a very very pale green and is wonderful iced. I didn’t think I would like it but that’s what I get for judging a book by its cover.

Iced

I feel like the Pitcher Perfect packs that David’s Tea put out this year, aren’t even fair. Every summer, I kill myself, and waste so much tea, in the cold-brew process. This is finally a thing of the past! I bought one of their steeping pitchers, and try a new pitcher pack each week (although at this point I’m merely recycling my faves). So easy, and delightful!

This happens to be one of the aforementioned favorites. Although, I’m by no means a watermelon-person, this flavor paired with mint provides the perfect refreshing treat on a humid city summer day.

Flavors: Mint

Iced 8 min or more 10 tsp

Pass the Stash TTB 2.0

I just noticed that I totally missed my 200th tasting note milestone! So hooray! Anyway, this tea. Dry, it has a very powerful scent! Whew. Very strong watermelon-ish scent with a lot of mint. The tea itself is a mixture of a bunch of huge dried fruit chunks.

Yum, I actually like this a lot more than I thought I would based on the smell. I did add sugar, by the way. The front of the sip is watermelon, and it’s very juicy and convincing. Maybe a tiny hint of tart which just exemplifies the juicy flavor. The mint shows up midway through and dominates from then on. It leaves a nice cooling sensation through the aftertaste, which lingers for some time. Very nice, and would be fantastic cold!

Off-topic time! I have signed up for madametj’s traveling tea box(es), and it’s been requested that I get some verification posted from the several people that I’ve swapped with. So if you’ve done a swap with me, please reply to my recent post in the “I would vouch for [username] – tea swap credibility” thread, or send a private message to madametj. Please and thank you! :)

Flavors: Fruity, Melon, Mint, Sweet

Boiling 5 min, 0 sec 2 tsp 8 OZ / 236 ML
TheTeaFairy

Woot for 200 + :-)

mj

I just blew by my 200th note without noticing too haha

Roswell Strange

(Hey, speaking of swaps, would you have any interest in doing one?)

I had this tea iced while on vacation a few weeks ago. Overall, I would say that this one was just O.K. but nothing great. I am not usually a fan of watermelon and I can’t say that this tea was able to change that. The mint was nice and refreshing and the watermelon was quite hydrating (a much needed drink on such a hot day). I don’t think that I will be trying this one again as I am not a fan of watermelon but if you are a fan of watermelon, it may be something you would enjoy.

Dry, this one smells like the scented markers they gave us in Kindergarten. I thoroughly confused my fiance last night when I held the bag of this under his nose and demanded, “Doesn’t it smell like a magic marker?” If he didn’t think I was crazy before, he probably does now… (That IS what this tea smells like though. It’s not my fault if his elementary school wasn’t as awesome as mine.)

I steeped this one for 7 minutes and got a VERY minty tea; after I’d finished the cup, the cooling sensation from the mint lingered in the back of my throat. The fruit flavor is reminiscent of watermelon and very light. It’s more of an accent to the mint flavor if anything.

Overall, this is an enjoyable tea, but I’m not sure I’d want it in anything other than a sample package.

Boiling 7 min, 0 sec 12 OZ / 354 ML

I love anything mint but I was not a fan of this tea. You can barely taste the watermelon except for just a hint. It is better cold but it is still just like a sweeter mint tea. Not one of my favorites..

Pass the Stash

I received this tea from Marzipan as my present in the Pass the Stash box! Boy, was I ever excited! I swear my boyfriend thinks I am crazy for getting this excited over tea and my dog just gives me the funniest of looks as I dance about in excitement. Ahh, but it is so much fun to enjoy life like this. Needless to say, I had a difficult time waiting this long to dive into this tea.

Wow. I’m so happy with this tea-it is amazing and totally fits the whole summer spirit. I could see myself happily sipping this tea iced on the coast of a warm and sunny beach. Mmm..oh, yes. The mint in this tea is so refreshing and the watermelon is so fresh! Plus, I’m loving the fact that it is an herbal tea so I can drink loads of it at any time of the day..oooohhh, yeah! I’ve already gone through three giant pots of this tea (both hot and iced-both are very tasty) so I can’t imagine that this tea will last me very long… tehehe.

Flavors: Melon, Mint

Boiling 6 min, 30 sec 3 tsp 24 OZ / 709 ML
Heavenlee

I have been meaning to buy this one. Heard good things about this tea. Sounds refreshing!

albertocanfly

You should get your hands on some of this before it is gone! :] It really is perfect for summer:]

Spencer

I thought it was so strange – in a good way!