Watermelon Mint

Fruit Herbal Blend
Apple, Artificial Flavouring, Beet Root, Carrot, Honeydew, Peppermint, Strawberry Leaves, Watermelon
Fruity, Melon, Mint, Spearmint, Bitter, Cucumber, Sweet, Candy, Apple
Caffeine Free
Edit tea info Last updated by DAVIDsTEA

From DAVIDsTEA

If you ask us, the watermelon is king of summer. We know it’s a bold statement, but it’s true. No picnic, BBQ or pool party is complete without its juicy pink-and-green goodness. And this summer we’re giving you one more reason to think pink…a fresh and fruity melange of melon and apple, with a super-refreshing burst of peppermint. Try it on ice with a splash of vodka – it’s the ultimate summer thirst quencher. All hail the king! Limited edition.

About DAVIDsTEA View company

I wasn’t sure what to expect. I’m a huge fan of mint, huge fan of fruity teas and adore watermelon. I heard that most people predominantly taste the mint. Personally, I definitely think it’s the perfect mix! It’s very nice as a hot tea, I’m sure amazing cold too. I definitely feel like I drink according to the season. Whether the tea is fruity or spicy, summer is for cold teas and the rest of the year is mostly for hot tea (for me).

It’s refreshing as a hot tea because of the cool mint taste, but you also get fruity notes which makes it a refreshing HOT tea. Love it, wish I could still purchase it, I’ve only got about 10g left of this tea but I’d definitely go back for a tin if I could.

I finished up my stash of this today :(

This tea is tasty! I like it very strong (we’re talking leaving-the-teabag-in-for-five-hours strong). I think that is when the flavors come through the most. I really like the melon flavor, it isn’t too sour which is nice. It is actually quite sweet even without sweetener. MMM! The minty aftertaste is perfection. I love it. This is a very refreshing drink and would make excellent popsicles in the summer (I’d make some, but I’m all out of tea :( so sad)

Overall, this isn’t the very best tea I’ve ever had, but I still enjoy it. I like how refreshing it is. I may stock up if they sell it this summer, but if they don’t, I’ve enjoyed my run with it.

Flavors: Fruity, Melon, Mint, Spearmint

Cold or hot, it’s a winner. I love this tea!

The mint is very strong but it doesn’t overpower the watermelon.

I actually quite liked this one! I thought the combination would be a bit of an eyeroll for my palate but there was the perfect balance between fruit and mint. Reminds me how I still need to try a mojito, but nevertheless, it wasn’t overly sweet, but I never picked up more out of sheer laziness. Well, it didn’t motivate me enough to get more, you know? Because it’s alright, but not amazeballs.

From the Lewis and Clark TTB.

I don’t drink fruit tisanes because they’re not my thing (my last couple run-ins – both fig teas, one which was from DAVIDsTea – went into the sink), but “watermelon mint” sounded too appealing. I drank this hot-brewed because I didn’t feel like cold-brewing. Honestly, I was a little worried, but it was much better than I expected. The watermelon tastes good, though it is kind of on the light side for me, and it certainly goes well with mint, which takes over in the aftertaste. Good flavoring, too – not soapy or oily at all. I can guess that this one cold-brews well.

Boiling 7 min, 0 sec 7 g 8 OZ / 236 ML
albertocanfly

yum, yum…this tea is just so good. One of my favorites. It definitely has a dynamic flavor profile. And it cold brews wonderfully :D

KiwiDelight

I wanted to like this and I did! Gives me hope to try more fruit teas.

Ditched the Snickerdoodle and steeped up some of this. Much much nicer! For some reason I was expecting an emphasis on watermelon, whereas mint is actually the dominant flavor. The two make an interesting and refreshing combination. I am drinking this hot and it’s good, but such summery flavors just beg to be iced, I think, so I will probably try that tomorrow.

Had this as an iced tea from the shop last week when it was hot out, and it was, indeed, very refreshing! It was a little on the bitter side. I found it difficult to identify any specific kind of melon flavour; the mint was definitely the top note. It made me taste cucumber, but I’m not sure if that was just memory association, since I’ve often had mint and cucumber infused water in the past. I’m not the biggest mint fan, so I didn’t completely fall in love, but it was nice for a steamy late summer day.

Flavors: Bitter, Cucumber, Melon, Mint

Iced 5 min, 0 sec 17 OZ / 500 ML

PTS TTB

This stuff is weird. I taste watermelon and mint, but I also get this dirt/alkaline taste too. A little bit of melon rind and cucumber are in there too. Might be better with a sweetener, but at that point I might as well drink real watermelon juice with mint.

The dry tea leaves have a very strong and overpowering scent, but becomes nice and subtle once steeped. Very minty. The colour of the tea reminds me of watermelon juice. Great tea to wake yourself up with. It feels pleasantly warm when you drink it but then as you swallow it you feel a rush of refreshing minty coolness, so it’s strangely warm, yet cold at the same time. That feels a little weird to me so I will probably not be drinking this often.

EDIT: I tried this again to finish up the rest of my sachet and the minty feeling is addicting! I think it’s an acquired taste. Love it. Just bought myself 250g of it.

I love mint teas. When I bought a bag of this, they asked me if I’d tried it before (I hadn’t) because some people really love it and others find it far too minty. I like mint, so I figured that even an overpowering mint flavor wouldn’t be unpleasant – I was right. Hot, the mint is definitely the major player and I found the watermelon disappeared altogether. But, most won’t drink this hot. Iced, slightly sweetened, I taste mint first as it is a very minty tea, but then the watermelon follows nicely.