Watermelon Mint

Fruit Herbal Blend
Apple, Artificial Flavouring, Beet Root, Carrot, Honeydew, Peppermint, Strawberry Leaves, Watermelon
Bitter, Cucumber, Melon, Mint, Fruity, Sweet, Candy, Apple
Caffeine Free
Edit tea info Last updated by DAVIDsTEA

• “Ditched the Snickerdoodle and steeped up some of this. Much much nicer! For some reason I was expecting an emphasis on watermelon, whereas mint is actually the dominant flavor. The two make an...” Read full tasting note
    tamarindel 194 tasting notes
  • “Had this as an iced tea from the shop last week when it was hot out, and it was, indeed, very refreshing! It was a little on the bitter side. I found it difficult to identify any specific kind of...” Read full tasting note
    manjari 18 tasting notes
  • “PTS TTB This stuff is weird. I taste watermelon and mint, but I also get this dirt/alkaline taste too. A little bit of melon rind and cucumber are in there too. Might be better with a sweetener,...” Read full tasting note
    Dustin2Dust 469 tasting notes
  • “The dry tea leaves have a very strong and overpowering scent, but becomes nice and subtle once steeped. Very minty. The colour of the tea reminds me of watermelon juice. Great tea to wake yourself...” Read full tasting note
    letoiledemer 4 tasting notes

From DAVIDsTEA

If you ask us, the watermelon is king of summer. We know it’s a bold statement, but it’s true. No picnic, BBQ or pool party is complete without its juicy pink-and-green goodness. And this summer we’re giving you one more reason to think pink…a fresh and fruity melange of melon and apple, with a super-refreshing burst of peppermint. Try it on ice with a splash of vodka – it’s the ultimate summer thirst quencher. All hail the king! Limited edition.

About DAVIDsTEA View company

Ditched the Snickerdoodle and steeped up some of this. Much much nicer! For some reason I was expecting an emphasis on watermelon, whereas mint is actually the dominant flavor. The two make an interesting and refreshing combination. I am drinking this hot and it’s good, but such summery flavors just beg to be iced, I think, so I will probably try that tomorrow.

Had this as an iced tea from the shop last week when it was hot out, and it was, indeed, very refreshing! It was a little on the bitter side. I found it difficult to identify any specific kind of melon flavour; the mint was definitely the top note. It made me taste cucumber, but I’m not sure if that was just memory association, since I’ve often had mint and cucumber infused water in the past. I’m not the biggest mint fan, so I didn’t completely fall in love, but it was nice for a steamy late summer day.

Flavors: Bitter, Cucumber, Melon, Mint

Iced 5 min, 0 sec 17 OZ / 500 ML

PTS TTB

This stuff is weird. I taste watermelon and mint, but I also get this dirt/alkaline taste too. A little bit of melon rind and cucumber are in there too. Might be better with a sweetener, but at that point I might as well drink real watermelon juice with mint.

The dry tea leaves have a very strong and overpowering scent, but becomes nice and subtle once steeped. Very minty. The colour of the tea reminds me of watermelon juice. Great tea to wake yourself up with. It feels pleasantly warm when you drink it but then as you swallow it you feel a rush of refreshing minty coolness, so it’s strangely warm, yet cold at the same time. That feels a little weird to me so I will probably not be drinking this often.

I love mint teas. When I bought a bag of this, they asked me if I’d tried it before (I hadn’t) because some people really love it and others find it far too minty. I like mint, so I figured that even an overpowering mint flavor wouldn’t be unpleasant – I was right. Hot, the mint is definitely the major player and I found the watermelon disappeared altogether. But, most won’t drink this hot. Iced, slightly sweetened, I taste mint first as it is a very minty tea, but then the watermelon follows nicely.

I really like this one. It’s so light and fresh.

There’s a lot of mint, melon and bubblegum sweetness on the nose, but steeped I wouldn’t describe the taste as sweet. It’s meloney, cooling and refreshing. From the mint I don’t get a lot of mint flavour, just this beautiful cooling sensation, which makes me want to try this iced on the hottest summer days.

Flavors: Fruity, Melon, Mint, Sweet

205 °F / 96 °C 4 tsp 20 OZ / 591 ML
albertocanfly

I love this tea, it is definitely one of my favorites. And you’re right, the flavor is a bit tough to describe!:] P.S. It is wonderful iced! :]

Anlina

David’s has the Watermelon Mint solos on sale for 40% off right now. I picked up two today – 170g for just over $10 :D

I was also very excited when this came out, because I’d had the melon mint tea from Gurmano Tea ages ago, and it was amazing, but I don’t like ordering from over seas unless I’m going to get enough stuff to justify shipping. This is very similar, though at least it doesn’t look like that one is going anywhere if I need more melon mint in the future. http://www.gurmanotea.co.uk/190004/melon-mint

albertocanfly

That is such and incredibleeee deal. Wowza. If I had money to spare, I’d be all over those! Unfortunately, have to save up for my nursing certification..Not allowed to buy a thing until that gets paid no matter how inexpensive! oh, pooh bears. When I run out of this, I’ll just have to live through your tasting notes of it! :D tehehe.

Oh, man. That sounds incredible!!! :D Hopefully it stays around for my mid-winter I really do need some summertime magic moments. If you decide to order some of this, I look forward to your tasting note on it! :D

Iced, this is very refreshing. The mint leaves a cooling feeling for quite awhile. I really enjoy the watermelon. I remember someone mentioning something about bubblegum, and I got a hint of that here. But I enjoyed it.

Iced

I finished this one last night and am a little ambivalent towards it. I’d drink it if I had more, but I don’t know that I’d go out of my way at all to get more. It was enjoyably fruity/minty but not memorable enough to clutch onto.

This tea was surprisingly refreshing. It doesn’t look like much when you pour the leaves into your hand but boy is it aromatic when you add the water. The mint is definitely in the forefront with the watermelon providing a sweet finish to the drink. It brews a very very pale green and is wonderful iced. I didn’t think I would like it but that’s what I get for judging a book by its cover.

Iced

I feel like the Pitcher Perfect packs that David’s Tea put out this year, aren’t even fair. Every summer, I kill myself, and waste so much tea, in the cold-brew process. This is finally a thing of the past! I bought one of their steeping pitchers, and try a new pitcher pack each week (although at this point I’m merely recycling my faves). So easy, and delightful!

This happens to be one of the aforementioned favorites. Although, I’m by no means a watermelon-person, this flavor paired with mint provides the perfect refreshing treat on a humid city summer day.

Flavors: Mint