Caramel Corn

Herbal Tea
Almonds, Apple, Beet Root, Caramel, Cinnamon, Coconut, Currant, Pineapple, Popped Corn
Butter, Caramel, Popcorn, Apple, Cinnamon, Coconut, Nutty, Pineapple, Toffee, Cream, Nuts, Roasted, Salt, Fruity, Sweet
Loose Leaf, Sachet, Tea Bag
Caffeine Free
Edit tea info Last updated by DAVIDsTEA

4 Images

• “The popsicles I made from this taste SO good. However, they are essentially frozen chunks of ice in texture. Next time, I'll have to use some sweetened condensed milk in them to obtain a softer...” Read full tasting note
    OMGsrsly 1424 tasting notes
  • “I have to say this whole summer series really made me a little unsure; Root Beer, Cotton Candy, Caramel Corn... I really doubted they could pull it off, but the first time I was in-store I took a...” Read full tasting note
    jjoeve 108 tasting notes
  • “Mmmm, liquid pastry! I guess there's a little bit of caramel popcorn flavor to this, but it really has a pastry flavor. Maybe they should rethink the name? I don't care, it's yummy! ;)” Read full tasting note
    Tealizzy 504 tasting notes
  • “Well, the first taste was very buttery. But it got better on the second sip. I sense a nice caramel taste and the popcorn trying to jump out from the behind the caramel. The butter flavor remains...” Read full tasting note
    carol who 271 tasting notes

From DAVIDsTEA

It’s sweet. It’s salty. And it’s totally addictive. It’s no surprise that caramel corn is such a popular fairground treat. And we just can’t get enough of it. So of course we had to make it into a tea. With real popped corn, caramel pieces plus fresh hints of apple, pineapple, almonds and coconut, it’s rich, buttery and beyond satisfying. And thanks to a touch of beetroot, it brews a fun bright pink colour. Now you can experience that fairground treat anytime, anywhere.

About DAVIDsTEA View company

The popsicles I made from this taste SO good. However, they are essentially frozen chunks of ice in texture. Next time, I’ll have to use some sweetened condensed milk in them to obtain a softer texture that’s easier to eat without dripping half the popsicle down my front. :)

Zoku (the company that makes the DavidsTea popsicle mold) recommends 12 oz tea and 3 tbsp honey, so I’ll play with that ratio to see what I can get.

Pudding pops, go! :D

OMGsrsly

That was the first thing I thought of! Chocolate pudding, and also cherry or lemon jello. :D

One mix that’s really good is cocoa powder, coconut milk (60% from a can) and some sort of sweetener. SO GOOD.

Cameron B.

I’m not sure how you would include tea in a pudding pop though, since pudding is made with milk… Hmmm, I must think on this!

yyz

Infuse the tea in the milk.

OMGsrsly

Yes! Caramel Puerh from Tea Desire (which I happily have a whole bunch of) would be really good. Also, for some reason, Earl Grey goes well with chocolate.

bizbee1

if you don’t mind regular (not high fructose) corn syrup a small amount gives a much better popsicle texture. Honey works but I need more (and so much more sweet) than the corn syrup (sold here as karo syrup)

OMGsrsly

Oh, that’s a good tip. We used to use corn syrup as pancake syrup so I’m not completely opposed. :) Sweetened condensed milk apparently helps texture too, and I have some in the fridge, so I’ll probably try it first.

I have to say this whole summer series really made me a little unsure; Root Beer, Cotton Candy, Caramel Corn… I really doubted they could pull it off, but the first time I was in-store I took a quick sniff and was pleasantly surprised at how well they replicated their “real world” inspirations. So eventually I picked up a bit of them to try out.

First up is Caramel Corn… We’d just spent the day cleaning out our new main bedroom walk-in closet (we’ve recently switched rooms from the largest room with the smaller closet to the middle sized room with the walk-in; seriously who builds a house like that??) and with how hot it’s been we had the doors and windows open to get some airflow. Now it’s raining and cool out and we wanted something different.

Visually this tea is quite appealing, all the different dried fruits, caramel and bits of popcorn make for a very dynamic appearance. As for the dry scent, it’s sweet and has a few subtle popcorn notes mixed in, but what confuses me a bit are the fruit notes from the currents, apples and pineapple. Despite that it definitely smells like caramel corn.

Brewed the liquor comes out a clear, light caramel color, but the smell… Oh the smell, is that ever nice. Deep caramel notes mixed in with some definite popcorn scents; it is sweet and deep, but yet the scent has a certain lightness to it.

Like most herbals it takes a good long steep to get the full, rounded flavor but once you get there the flavor was quite lovely. Again, those deep caramel notes mixed with the popcorn flavors but there are a few lighter hints from the pineapple and apples, especially as the tea cooled. There is a certain creaminess to the flavor profile as well which really complemented the tea nicely.

Overall I was pleasantly surprised by this herbal tea; great scent and a nicely full flavor. It will be interesting to try it cold as well, I think I’ll put it together and let it steep overnight in the fridge. Even if that doesn’t work out though I’m definitely going to go back and get a bunch of this before it’s all gone. (Oh and even better! My partner really loves it too!)

Mmmm, liquid pastry! I guess there’s a little bit of caramel popcorn flavor to this, but it really has a pastry flavor. Maybe they should rethink the name? I don’t care, it’s yummy! ;)

Cavocorax

It’s good, but I found that I preferred Movie Night – maybe because this one was just a little too sweet?

Tealizzy

I’ve never tried movie night, so I can’t compare. Maybe I’ll have to get a sample some time. You’re right, this one is sweet, but it’s a good way to fight off dessert cravings after dinner. ;)

Roswell Strange

I like them both; I find they both accurately convey a popcorn feel just in really different ways. MN is super light and gentle and CC is definitely very heavy handed on the sweetness, but that makes sense given what it’s inspired by.

Well, the first taste was very buttery. But it got better on the second sip. I sense a nice caramel taste and the popcorn trying to jump out from the behind the caramel. The butter flavor remains strong and kind of makes this an odd cup. I had to add a drop of stevia to mellow out the butter. I’m sort of enjoying the cup and would enjoy this occasionally but wouldn’t buy it.

Flavors: Butter, Caramel, Popcorn

VariaTEA sent this one my way and all i can say is..

HOW DO YOU PEOPLE DRINK THIS!!! holy crap. i thought cotton candy was bad..this is way sweeter in that i might as well shove my face in a bag of sugar, pour maple syrup over my head and then lick a sucker.

not. for.me.

happy i got the chance to confirm though lol

Veronica

Oh my… I laughed way too hard at this review. :)

VariaTEA

hahaha alrighty so I will definitely not share more of this with you.

glad i could amuse :)

MzPriss

My thoughts exactly Sil – makes my teeth hurt just reading it

Sipdown (214)
I’ve had this cold, and I’m drinking this warm now and I can say that this tea is not as good as Movie Night. You want weirdo-popcorn tea, drink that one. This one is much sweeter and that’s ok if it’s your thing but I wouldn’t want to restock this after I finish this cup.

It tasted good as a taste test. I couldn’t drink a whole cup of it though.

Iced

I’m just going to hang my head in shame and fess up. Yes I just ordered a mountain of tea over the weekend, yes I have a mountain of tea here, yes I stopped at Davids today and bought more.
I picked up 25g of a couple (3) that I was wanting to try as potential grabs with my rewards points – this was one of them.

That’s not going to happen. This is sweet and popcorn – but I can’t come up with the caramel. Overly sweet popcorn just isn’t working for me. I’m sure there are people who will love this, but I’m really happy that I only got 25g….

Lol, somehow, I had a feeling about this one :-0
The good news is you’ve got tons of fabulous tea coming your way, yay!!

Dexter

I hope so – I need to get back in the mood for blacks – I had a really disappointing day today with Zheng Shan Xiao Zhong by Yezi – considering how much I just ordered….

TheTeaFairy

Hmmm, how come I don’t remember that order?

Dexter

No no recent Yezi order – what I meant to say was: I need to get back in the mood for blacks considering how much black tea I just ordered – you know that huge Yunnan Sourcing order that’s all black….

TheTeaFairy

Ah, yes that I remember :-)

Cavocorax

I wasn’t impressed with it either. It reminded me of a super sweet Movie Night, with a touch of something… unpleasant? I’ll just stick with Movie Night if I want fake popcorn tea.

And I’ve binge-ordered a little lately as well. It should be an exciting week for mail at least!

Hmm this one doesn’t seem as on spot as the cotton candy tea, to be honest. The smell and look of it remind me of Movie Night.
While it brew it started smelling more like cinnamon and apple, and when I tasted that’s all I really got. :/ And I’m not huge on either of those two flavors…Well least everyone always wants to swap for DAVIDsTEA, right? :P
Read a review where someone said it tasted more like Forever Nuts. I thought that was kinda weird before tasting the tea, but now I totally agree. xD
Well glad I tried it at least!

Flavors: Apple, Cinnamon

albertocanfly

Really? I’m surprised that you didn’t like this one… everyone else seems to love it.. odd. At least Cotton Candy makes up for it!:P

Cameron B.

I actually liked the flavors of this one but found it a bit weak. And I only had the one sample so couldn’t really try it with more tea, heh. And I didn’t like Cotton Candy at all! It’s funny how people’s tastes are so different.

Ost

albertocanfly-yeah seemed to get better reviews than the cotton candy tea actually xD But most people like apples and cinnamon. I am not a huge fan on both. Esepcially the combo! XD Cinnamon is good sometimes but with apple…not my thing!

Cameron B. Did you have it iced or hot? I always drink tea hot pretty much. Maybe if you do it iced it’s different? I didn’t think you’d like the cotton candy much, it’s pretty artificial. Which is right up my alley haha xD

Cameron B.

I had it hot, and I didn’t really get apple flavor out of it at all. Weird. As for the cotton candy, I actually just thought it lacked flavored, it wasn’t an issue with it being artificial. It just tasted like rooibos with sugar in it to me. And there’s a difference between just sugar and cotton candy. :(

Ost

That is weird. xD I have no idea then haha
Really? Huh…I felt like the DTT had less flavor. I tried adding sugar to that one even and then it literally just tasted like sugar water. But not cotton candy sugar water. :P
Haha our tastes are so different!

Mandy

Wait, what the difference in taste between sugar and cotton candy? Is it just like fruity? I haven’t had any cotton candy in years, but thinking back I don’t remember it having much taste, just sweet and sticky and fluffy.

Ost

Well to me sugar water is kinda just there, it doesn’t have a distinct flavor. But like cotton candy is really sugary, but it has that distinct flavor. It just tastes stronger and something more than just sugar water. Wow…just fail at explaining, Ost…xD Basically Cotton candy is pure sugar,but it’s strong and has a distinct flavor. Where as sugar water is just there. it doesn’t have a distinct flavor. Wow, does that make sense? Probably not haha

Mandy

I think I understand. Like powdered sugar and granulated sugar taste different. Granulated just tastes sweet, versus powdered has its own kind of distinct taste. Is that what you mean?

Yeah, kinda like that!

All right, I’m off the fence — I don’t care for this one. It’s not bad and it’s not off putting, it’s just very weak apple cinnamon. I expected something with a thicker mouthfeel and more of a sticky-sweet caramel flavor from a tea called Caramel Corn.

I’d happily accept a cup if offered, but I’m really glad I only have enough leaf left for one much of this. :-/