Caramel Corn

Herbal Tea
Almonds, Apple, Beet Root, Caramel, Cinnamon, Coconut, Currant, Pineapple, Popped Corn
Butter, Caramel, Popcorn, Apple, Cinnamon, Coconut, Nutty, Pineapple, Toffee, Nuts, Roasted, Salt, Fruity, Sweet
Loose Leaf, Sachet, Tea Bag
Caffeine Free
Edit tea info Last updated by DAVIDsTEA

4 Images

• “I've been trying to be good and focus on my current stash and not buy more tea. I was doing really well for awhile, which explains my lack of recent tasting notes...I just don't feel like writing...” Read full tasting note
    Tealizzy 475 tasting notes
  • “Well, the first taste was very buttery. But it got better on the second sip. I sense a nice caramel taste and the popcorn trying to jump out from the behind the caramel. The butter flavor remains...” Read full tasting note
    carol who 246 tasting notes
  • “*VariaTEA* sent this one my way and all i can say is.. *HOW DO YOU PEOPLE DRINK THIS!!!* holy crap. i thought cotton candy was bad..this is way sweeter in that i might as well shove my face in a...” Read full tasting note
    Silaena 4664 tasting notes
  • “Sipdown (214) I've had this cold, and I'm drinking this warm now and I can say that this tea is not as good as Movie Night. You want weirdo-popcorn tea, drink that one. This one is much sweeter...” Read full tasting note
    cavocorax 1617 tasting notes

From DAVIDsTEA

It’s sweet. It’s salty. And it’s totally addictive. It’s no surprise that caramel corn is such a popular fairground treat. And we just can’t get enough of it. So of course we had to make it into a tea. With real popped corn, caramel pieces plus fresh hints of apple, pineapple, almonds and coconut, it’s rich, buttery and beyond satisfying. And thanks to a touch of beetroot, it brews a fun bright pink colour. Now you can experience that fairground treat anytime, anywhere.

About DAVIDsTEA View company

I’ve been trying to be good and focus on my current stash and not buy more tea. I was doing really well for awhile, which explains my lack of recent tasting notes…I just don’t feel like writing more about a tea I’ve already posted about unless I discovered something new and exciting about it.

So today I needed a break after 6 hours of continuous meetings/work. I decided to take a walk to DavidsTea of course! Tea shops always brighten my mood and put an extra pep in my step! I hadn’t tried any of the carnival teas because, honestly, they didn’t sound like the teas I usually go for. David’s has really gone herbal this summer. So, I went and smelled the new teas, and decided to get some of this one and some of the cotton candy tea. I have to say, I was a little disappointed with the new guy at this store. I said I wanted 1 oz. and he poured 1.8 oz. and said, “Is that okay?” I adamantly told him “No,” and he fixed it. What is this, Teavana? I don’t think so!

So, this tea smells like heaven! Caramel, toffee heaven! Like I said, I usually don’t go for these herbals without any actual leaf in them. This one is all fruit pieces and some caramel, coconut and cinnamon. I was a bit worried about the cinnamon because there are humongous pieces of cinnamon stick in there! Turns out it wasn’t a problem. Steeped, the aroma reminds me of those amazingly delicious caramel pecan sticky buns! Yum! Or maybe that mixed with an apple fritter! The caramel definitely comes through in a silky sweetness. I didn’t add anything to this tea and I’m loving it! And by the way, I can’t believe I am! It really is a perfect after dinner treat. The guilt-free alternative to a delicious sticky bun, although, I may have to go search one of those out! Ha!

Well, the first taste was very buttery. But it got better on the second sip. I sense a nice caramel taste and the popcorn trying to jump out from the behind the caramel. The butter flavor remains strong and kind of makes this an odd cup. I had to add a drop of stevia to mellow out the butter. I’m sort of enjoying the cup and would enjoy this occasionally but wouldn’t buy it.

Flavors: Butter, Caramel, Popcorn

VariaTEA sent this one my way and all i can say is..

HOW DO YOU PEOPLE DRINK THIS!!! holy crap. i thought cotton candy was bad..this is way sweeter in that i might as well shove my face in a bag of sugar, pour maple syrup over my head and then lick a sucker.

not. for.me.

happy i got the chance to confirm though lol

Veronica

Oh my… I laughed way too hard at this review. :)

VariaTEA

hahaha alrighty so I will definitely not share more of this with you.

glad i could amuse :)

MzPriss

My thoughts exactly Sil – makes my teeth hurt just reading it

Sipdown (214)
I’ve had this cold, and I’m drinking this warm now and I can say that this tea is not as good as Movie Night. You want weirdo-popcorn tea, drink that one. This one is much sweeter and that’s ok if it’s your thing but I wouldn’t want to restock this after I finish this cup.

It tasted good as a taste test. I couldn’t drink a whole cup of it though.

Iced

I’m just going to hang my head in shame and fess up. Yes I just ordered a mountain of tea over the weekend, yes I have a mountain of tea here, yes I stopped at Davids today and bought more.
I picked up 25g of a couple (3) that I was wanting to try as potential grabs with my rewards points – this was one of them.

That’s not going to happen. This is sweet and popcorn – but I can’t come up with the caramel. Overly sweet popcorn just isn’t working for me. I’m sure there are people who will love this, but I’m really happy that I only got 25g….

Lol, somehow, I had a feeling about this one :-0
The good news is you’ve got tons of fabulous tea coming your way, yay!!

Dexter

I hope so – I need to get back in the mood for blacks – I had a really disappointing day today with Zheng Shan Xiao Zhong by Yezi – considering how much I just ordered….

TheTeaFairy

Hmmm, how come I don’t remember that order?

Dexter

No no recent Yezi order – what I meant to say was: I need to get back in the mood for blacks considering how much black tea I just ordered – you know that huge Yunnan Sourcing order that’s all black….

TheTeaFairy

Ah, yes that I remember :-)

Cavocorax

I wasn’t impressed with it either. It reminded me of a super sweet Movie Night, with a touch of something… unpleasant? I’ll just stick with Movie Night if I want fake popcorn tea.

And I’ve binge-ordered a little lately as well. It should be an exciting week for mail at least!

Hmm this one doesn’t seem as on spot as the cotton candy tea, to be honest. The smell and look of it remind me of Movie Night.
While it brew it started smelling more like cinnamon and apple, and when I tasted that’s all I really got. :/ And I’m not huge on either of those two flavors…Well least everyone always wants to swap for DAVIDsTEA, right? :P
Read a review where someone said it tasted more like Forever Nuts. I thought that was kinda weird before tasting the tea, but now I totally agree. xD
Well glad I tried it at least!

Flavors: Apple, Cinnamon

albertocanfly

Really? I’m surprised that you didn’t like this one… everyone else seems to love it.. odd. At least Cotton Candy makes up for it!:P

Cameron B.

I actually liked the flavors of this one but found it a bit weak. And I only had the one sample so couldn’t really try it with more tea, heh. And I didn’t like Cotton Candy at all! It’s funny how people’s tastes are so different.

Ost

albertocanfly-yeah seemed to get better reviews than the cotton candy tea actually xD But most people like apples and cinnamon. I am not a huge fan on both. Esepcially the combo! XD Cinnamon is good sometimes but with apple…not my thing!

Cameron B. Did you have it iced or hot? I always drink tea hot pretty much. Maybe if you do it iced it’s different? I didn’t think you’d like the cotton candy much, it’s pretty artificial. Which is right up my alley haha xD

Cameron B.

I had it hot, and I didn’t really get apple flavor out of it at all. Weird. As for the cotton candy, I actually just thought it lacked flavored, it wasn’t an issue with it being artificial. It just tasted like rooibos with sugar in it to me. And there’s a difference between just sugar and cotton candy. :(

Ost

That is weird. xD I have no idea then haha
Really? Huh…I felt like the DTT had less flavor. I tried adding sugar to that one even and then it literally just tasted like sugar water. But not cotton candy sugar water. :P
Haha our tastes are so different!

Mandy

Wait, what the difference in taste between sugar and cotton candy? Is it just like fruity? I haven’t had any cotton candy in years, but thinking back I don’t remember it having much taste, just sweet and sticky and fluffy.

Ost

Well to me sugar water is kinda just there, it doesn’t have a distinct flavor. But like cotton candy is really sugary, but it has that distinct flavor. It just tastes stronger and something more than just sugar water. Wow…just fail at explaining, Ost…xD Basically Cotton candy is pure sugar,but it’s strong and has a distinct flavor. Where as sugar water is just there. it doesn’t have a distinct flavor. Wow, does that make sense? Probably not haha

Mandy

I think I understand. Like powdered sugar and granulated sugar taste different. Granulated just tastes sweet, versus powdered has its own kind of distinct taste. Is that what you mean?

Yeah, kinda like that!

I got a pitcher pack of this to try and I’m really on the fence. It’s not as caramel sweet as I was expecting — the first steep reminds me of Fruity Pebbles cereal, of all things. The second steep is very apple cinnamon — pleasant, but not what I was expecting from a kettle corn flavored tea.

Boiling 5 min, 0 sec 3 tsp 20 OZ / 591 ML

Happy Summer everyone. It’s been awhile hasn’t it, I hope you all are well. With the photography business in full swing and the nice weather finding subject matter to shoot has been at a high. It has also brought travel opportunities to the forefront. That being said what better to bring along on those shoots and locations than good old David’s tea and their amazing blends.

This one in particular is a nostalgic reminder of Movie night minus the caffeine kick. It’s lovely and sweet for the taste buds. The soft pink hue and the scent also add a nice sensory twist on a hot day. I could imagine being by the water with this in my travel mug and sipping the blend happily while scoping out a good angle. Very inspiring and fun!

Yum yum yum!!! Totally worth the like 20min wait at the post office to get it. Holy moly!

Anyways, I’m seriously regretting only getting 50g of this one. It’s very similar to movie night, which I seriously need to drink more! Anyways, it seems to me, without looking at the ingredient list, that this has got to have a very similar base to it as movie night with the exception of the green tea. Okay, I peaked. This tea as a lot more going on with it. And it’s the cinnamon in it and the almond and the coconut… and the caramel… and all the amazing things all combined that are making this a sweeter tea and it’s just heaven.

For real, I’m going to be buying more. There is no doubt about that one. It’s so delicious. Who knew that a popcorn-flavoured tea would be so amazing? I just don’t understand how this works. But I’m very blissfully unaware.