Caramel Corn

Herbal Tea
Almonds, Apple, Beet Root, Caramel, Cinnamon, Coconut, Currant, Pineapple, Popped Corn
Butter, Caramel, Fruity, Popcorn, Sweet, Tart, Brown Sugar, Apple, Cinnamon, Coconut, Nutty, Pineapple, Toffee, Cream, Nuts, Roasted, Salt
Loose Leaf, Sachet, Tea Bag
Caffeine Free
Edit tea info Last updated by DAVIDsTEA

4 Images

• “I am pleasantly surprised by this tea! It does taste like a weak, watery caramel corn. Too bad I don't like caramel corn. I don't feel like I missed out on anything by not stocking up on this tea.” Read full tasting note
    ladykittykat 1243 tasting notes
  • “I only picked this up because DAVIDs was clearing out their ice tea packs for very cheap and I figured, 30g of tea for harly any moneys? Can't hurt to try. I like the look of the dry tea. The...” Read full tasting note
    Anlina 285 tasting notes
  • “this tea it outrageous. it's equally great hot and iced, and amazing as a hot or iced latte. those big chunks of cinnamon really warm it up. the apple, pineapple and currants give it a nice...” Read full tasting note
    partea 129 tasting notes
  • “Trying this cold steeped now… this is odd. I want to like it. There is a slight tang to it, like someone actually used an appropriate amount of hibiscus for once. It doesn’t taste like caramel corn...” Read full tasting note
    Dustin2Dust 473 tasting notes

From DAVIDsTEA

It’s sweet. It’s salty. And it’s totally addictive. It’s no surprise that caramel corn is such a popular fairground treat. And we just can’t get enough of it. So of course we had to make it into a tea. With real popped corn, caramel pieces plus fresh hints of apple, pineapple, almonds and coconut, it’s rich, buttery and beyond satisfying. And thanks to a touch of beetroot, it brews a fun bright pink colour. Now you can experience that fairground treat anytime, anywhere.

About DAVIDsTEA View company

Too bad I don’t like caramel corn. I don’t feel like I missed out on anything by not stocking up on this tea.

I only picked this up because DAVIDs was clearing out their ice tea packs for very cheap and I figured, 30g of tea for harly any moneys? Can’t hurt to try.

I like the look of the dry tea. The slices of cinnamon stick and the popcorn pieces are pretty together. It also smells great – very much caramel and popcorn. Steeped it smells great too, buttery, caramel and popcorn.

I find the taste of it a little on the weak side. I initially steeped for 5 minutes but resteeped for a few more after the first couple of sips. I’m definitely getting popcorn, caramel, sweetness and butter, but also fruity and tart, which seems a bit out of place for the flavour inspiration.

It’s tasty and an easy drink, and I’m glad I got a bit of it before it went away, but it’s not a must have, and I don’t think I’d rebuy.

Flavors: Butter, Caramel, Fruity, Popcorn, Sweet, Tart

200 °F / 93 °C 1 tsp 6 OZ / 177 ML

this tea it outrageous. it’s equally great hot and iced, and amazing as a hot or iced latte.

those big chunks of cinnamon really warm it up. the apple, pineapple and currants give it a nice natural sweetness. the almonds, coconut and popcorn lend that cozy savory-sweet awesomeness. and pink colouring from the beetroot is always crazy fun.

it’s the best parts of forever nuts, movie night, and salted caramel all rolled into one heartbreakingly seasonal discontinued (caffeine-free-so-i-can-drink-it-before-bed-HOORAY) tea.
i hope you all stocked up.

Boiling 4 min, 30 sec 3 tsp 14 OZ / 414 ML

Trying this cold steeped now… this is odd. I want to like it. There is a slight tang to it, like someone actually used an appropriate amount of hibiscus for once. It doesn’t taste like caramel corn on the sip, but at the very end and definitely in the aftertaste it makes an appearance. There are little chunks of apple floating in the cup, but I really can’t pick out any apple taste. They don’t really taste like apple either. There is a definitive caramel corn flavor to this and I’m glad to have tried it, but now I can move on. I have conquered the caramel corn tea.

Iced

I received a sample of this in a recent order and I was hesitant to try it. How could a tea filled with fruit be anything like caramel corn. Well, I steeped a second cup and wanted a third but it was already the end of the day. Wonderful caramel flavor with a hint of popcorn.

The popsicles I made from this taste SO good. However, they are essentially frozen chunks of ice in texture. Next time, I’ll have to use some sweetened condensed milk in them to obtain a softer texture that’s easier to eat without dripping half the popsicle down my front. :)

Zoku (the company that makes the DavidsTea popsicle mold) recommends 12 oz tea and 3 tbsp honey, so I’ll play with that ratio to see what I can get.

Cameron B.

Pudding pops, go! :D

OMGsrsly

That was the first thing I thought of! Chocolate pudding, and also cherry or lemon jello. :D

One mix that’s really good is cocoa powder, coconut milk (60% from a can) and some sort of sweetener. SO GOOD.

Cameron B.

I’m not sure how you would include tea in a pudding pop though, since pudding is made with milk… Hmmm, I must think on this!

yyz

Infuse the tea in the milk.

OMGsrsly

Yes! Caramel Puerh from Tea Desire (which I happily have a whole bunch of) would be really good. Also, for some reason, Earl Grey goes well with chocolate.

bizbee1

if you don’t mind regular (not high fructose) corn syrup a small amount gives a much better popsicle texture. Honey works but I need more (and so much more sweet) than the corn syrup (sold here as karo syrup)

OMGsrsly

Oh, that’s a good tip. We used to use corn syrup as pancake syrup so I’m not completely opposed. :) Sweetened condensed milk apparently helps texture too, and I have some in the fridge, so I’ll probably try it first.

I have to say this whole summer series really made me a little unsure; Root Beer, Cotton Candy, Caramel Corn… I really doubted they could pull it off, but the first time I was in-store I took a quick sniff and was pleasantly surprised at how well they replicated their “real world” inspirations. So eventually I picked up a bit of them to try out.

First up is Caramel Corn… We’d just spent the day cleaning out our new main bedroom walk-in closet (we’ve recently switched rooms from the largest room with the smaller closet to the middle sized room with the walk-in; seriously who builds a house like that??) and with how hot it’s been we had the doors and windows open to get some airflow. Now it’s raining and cool out and we wanted something different.

Visually this tea is quite appealing, all the different dried fruits, caramel and bits of popcorn make for a very dynamic appearance. As for the dry scent, it’s sweet and has a few subtle popcorn notes mixed in, but what confuses me a bit are the fruit notes from the currents, apples and pineapple. Despite that it definitely smells like caramel corn.

Brewed the liquor comes out a clear, light caramel color, but the smell… Oh the smell, is that ever nice. Deep caramel notes mixed in with some definite popcorn scents; it is sweet and deep, but yet the scent has a certain lightness to it.

Like most herbals it takes a good long steep to get the full, rounded flavor but once you get there the flavor was quite lovely. Again, those deep caramel notes mixed with the popcorn flavors but there are a few lighter hints from the pineapple and apples, especially as the tea cooled. There is a certain creaminess to the flavor profile as well which really complemented the tea nicely.

Overall I was pleasantly surprised by this herbal tea; great scent and a nicely full flavor. It will be interesting to try it cold as well, I think I’ll put it together and let it steep overnight in the fridge. Even if that doesn’t work out though I’m definitely going to go back and get a bunch of this before it’s all gone. (Oh and even better! My partner really loves it too!)

Mmmm, liquid pastry! I guess there’s a little bit of caramel popcorn flavor to this, but it really has a pastry flavor. Maybe they should rethink the name? I don’t care, it’s yummy! ;)

Cavocorax

It’s good, but I found that I preferred Movie Night – maybe because this one was just a little too sweet?

Tealizzy

I’ve never tried movie night, so I can’t compare. Maybe I’ll have to get a sample some time. You’re right, this one is sweet, but it’s a good way to fight off dessert cravings after dinner. ;)

Roswell Strange

I like them both; I find they both accurately convey a popcorn feel just in really different ways. MN is super light and gentle and CC is definitely very heavy handed on the sweetness, but that makes sense given what it’s inspired by.

I received this tea in a swap from the lovely Rebekah. This tea has a strong caramel corn taste and aroma. It certainly brings back memories of state fairs and amusement parks. The taste isn’t particularly one that I want in a tea but it isn’t bad. I almost seems to have a too rich and cloying flavor. It’s okay for one cup at a time but I would have to pick that time carefully.

Flavors: Brown Sugar, Butter, Caramel

VariaTEA sent this one my way and all i can say is..

HOW DO YOU PEOPLE DRINK THIS!!! holy crap. i thought cotton candy was bad..this is way sweeter in that i might as well shove my face in a bag of sugar, pour maple syrup over my head and then lick a sucker.

not. for.me.

happy i got the chance to confirm though lol

Veronica

Oh my… I laughed way too hard at this review. :)

VariaTEA

hahaha alrighty so I will definitely not share more of this with you.

glad i could amuse :)

MzPriss

My thoughts exactly Sil – makes my teeth hurt just reading it