Jiu Qu Hong Mei-Twisting Red Plum-Black Tea

Brown Sugar, Fruity
High
Edit tea info Last updated by cookies
Boiling 3 min, 0 sec 12 oz / 354 ml

1 Tasting Note View all

• “I think this is the first tea I've ever tried from Zhe Jiang Province, but if this one is indicative of the general quality I would certainly like to try more. This is definitely fruity as the...” Read full tasting note
    cookies 128 tasting notes

From ESGREEN

Jiu Qu Hong Mei(Twisting Red Plum), aka Nine Meander Re Plum, a famous black tea from Zhe Jiang province. It is from 500 meters Da Hu Mountain, the suburb of Hangzhou city, the Peak is a basin. Jiu Qu Hong Mei is a rare black tea, first developed in 1926. The leaves are long and thin and the taste sweet with a hint of dried fruits. This tea produces a bright liquor and has a wonderful fruity flavour and refreshing mouth-feel. This tea is featured by its tight fishhook like leaves with luster black color and brewed in bright reddish infusion releasing freshing aroma, look like red plum in the water, smooth aftertaste lingered.

Jiu Qu Hong Mei has light brown leaves, clear and smooth texture, sweet fruity taste. The bright red infusion has an appetizing honeyed sweet aroma while the taste is wonderfully smooth.

About ESGREEN View company

1 Tasting Note

I think this is the first tea I’ve ever tried from Zhe Jiang Province, but if this one is indicative of the general quality I would certainly like to try more. This is definitely fruity as the description says, with a bit of brown sugar or molasses-y sweetness at the end of the sip. Overall though, it tastes mostly like a Keemun. A lovely light and fruity Keemun. Yum.
I don’t know if they’re still doing it, but I got free points at ESGreen by creating an account and signing up for their newsletter. Cashing them in I ended up getting my order for only a few dollars. So if you’re planning an order I definitely recommend trying that first.

Flavors: Brown Sugar, Fruity