Caramel Salted Butter Oolong

Oolong Tea
Edit tea info Last updated by peskenazi

From Fauchon

Product description not available yet.

About Fauchon View company

Um…. yes. Very yes. Maybe not quite as tasty as I was hoping, but it’s pretty darn good. Excited to compare it to the other version, which I believe Sil prefers.

Without being sweet, it is very… sweet, and full, and tastes rather like a salted caramel. The oolong base is not overly noticeable, though this would be a significantly different tea without it, I’m sure. I can see myself getting a bit tired of this though, because it is very rich. Definitely will have to treat it as a “treat” tea.

Thank you so much to Sil for passing this along, which was originally from MissB, I believe!

it’s also a little “old” now at least as far as i treat oolongs lol

I don’t feel like it’s lost much. I just had a slightly different expectation. But it’s good.

oh man. MissB sent this one our way in the latest batch of teas from europe. It smells divine! I think the girls may need to twist my arm to get my to share this one as it’s fairly close to the one from DF that i want more of… seriously creamy, delicious, caramel, buttery oolong yummy. Thank you MissB!

Woah, I totally missed that this is a thing. Is that the Caramel au Beurre Salé oolong from Dammann you are referring to? This one isn’t even on Fauchon’s website.

yea i love the one from damman freres…you sent a sample to omgsrsly and she sent a little my way and i’m in love! this one is close and equally delicious but i think i prefer the DF one just a bit. :)

Sil liking an oolong?!? This does not happen often. And when it does, that usually means it is a very good oolong.

it’s drool worthy…. caramel…buttery goodness.

Haha awesome! When I am in France, I need to go in search of Fauchon. I need more L’Hiver :P

Hiver was really easy to find in Paris VariaTEA, although it’s only available in a tin. This one was only available loose, and there were quite a few teas that they offer (very affordably, I might add) that you can only get in-store.

… and I really need to post the pictures of the Fauchon store! It was all fluroescent pink and crazy amazing, like Barbie meets Hot Tub Time Machine.

Man, I’m so jealous! I wish I had known anything about tea when I visited Paris a few years ago! I feel like it was an opportunity squandered.

That is awesome to hear MissB! I think if given the chance, i would really like to go to the Fauchon store. Unfortunately I am only there a day so I don’t have much time to explore.