Organic Bangkok (sachet)

Coconut, Ginger, Lemongrass, Select Green Teas, Vanilla
Sachet
Medium
Kosher, Organic
Edit tea info Last updated by sherapop

• “Interesting unusual tea, it's Thai scents and flavours make me want to go out for a Thai meal. There's coconut, lemongrass, mild ginger and more. Not sure what occasion I'd drink this for, I...” Read full tasting note
    CherryJam 43 tasting notes
  • “John Harney Appreciation Tea #23 I know that I have written a tasting note before for Organic Bangkok, so I must have stowed it under the Green Tea with Thai Flavors profile, since the two are...” Read full tasting note
    Shera Pop 1290 tasting notes

From Harney & Sons

Combination of organic green teas, lemongrass, vanilla, coconut and ginger

About Harney & Sons View company

Interesting unusual tea, it’s Thai scents and flavours make me want to go out for a Thai meal. There’s coconut, lemongrass, mild ginger and more. Not sure what occasion I’d drink this for, I imagine it would be nice chilled as an iced tea.

John Harney Appreciation Tea #23

I know that I have written a tasting note before for Organic Bangkok, so I must have stowed it under the Green Tea with Thai Flavors profile, since the two are very similar. With one notable exception: these sachets are certified organic, which is not true of the HT tin version or the loose-leaf Bangkok.

Anyway, it’s delicious as usual. I’m generally not inclined to like flavored green teas, but Organic Bangkok (and Green Tea with Thai Flavors) is an exception to the rule. Usually I find one of two problems with flavored greens. Either the base tea is seriously mediocre, or the base tea is good but shrouded by mediocre flavors.

Neither problem obtains in this case. The bancha base is good, but so are the flavors with which it is laced! This version seems a bit less sweet and coconuty than the HT tin version, but I’d have to do a side-by-side comparison to be sure…

165 °F / 73 °C 3 min, 0 sec 2 g 9 OZ / 266 ML
Marzipan

I am sort of amazed at how many Harneys you have.

Cameron B.

Sort of makes you curious about how many teas are in her cupboard, doesn’t it? ;)

sherapop

Marzipan and Cameron B.: I have a frightening number of teas. I’ll be undertaking a buying moratium and sipdown initiative just as soon as my Harney Tribute has come to an end.

sherapop

Perhaps even more difficult to believe is that I actually own many more perfumes than teas. ;-)

TheTeaFairy

Oh! I can relate sherapop, at one point, I was truly addicted to FrangranceX. But I was able to stop ordering every week, and I now use what I already own…plus I found my signature perfume, yes, the ultimate, “the one” the only brand I allow myself to reorder when I’m out… wishing to do the same eventually with tea (but I know it’s never really going to happen!!)

boychik

Ok so what is it, the one? I luv parfume, I don’t use much right now because of my severe allergies developed recently. But I spent lots of time reading on FragranceX.

TheTeaFairy

Ok, I get compliments EVERY TIME I wear this. Bought it at $90 in a large dept store the first time, later found it on FranganceX for $40!! It’s Eclat d’Arpege from Lanvin, an irresistible fruity/floral so fresh and light, and yet, everyone seem to notice it, in a good way:-) i like that it’s so feminine and womanly, not one of those overly sweet fragrances.

sherapop

The Tea Fairy: the good news is that since I became obsessed with tea, I have stopped buying perfume. Having to move was also a wake-up call. All of my chests of drawers and cabinets were filled with perfume! So now I have continued to buy tea, but I console myself that I get to try about 50 new teas for the price of 1 perfume. Really, I have to stop buying tea, too. I received a H&S order only minutes ago. lol. Nothing big, but I wanted to buy the 30th Anniversary tin and also samples of all of the oolongs on sale. I’m still trying to figure out whether it is even possible for me to drink oolong, so after these 6 samples, I should know the answer to that question!

I prefer Arpège to Eclat d’Arpège, but now you are making me want to go try it again! Unfortunately, it’s in the back of my storage space somewhere. That’s why I’m not buying any more perfume—probably ever again. Besides, I have so many beautiful perfumes, and most of the new stuff is synthetic and abstract chemical soup. At least I’m already covered! Here’s a link to my perfume pictures with model HRH Emperor Oliver: