Be Cool

Herbal Tea
Edit tea info Last updated by Ysaurella

• “Our landlords live above us and just got back from Paris yesterday. They came down to visit us tonight and actually brought me back the Kusmi Wellness Collection. I cannot get over how sweet they...” Read full tasting note
    Courtney 581 tasting notes
  • “This is part of the Kusmi wellness collection I just received - if you don't like the taste of licorice root you should steer clear of this line because they all have licorice I think. This is a...” Read full tasting note
    amyoh2 2169 tasting notes
  • “Hmmm, I was hoping I'd like this for an after yoga, non-caffeinated drink. But no, not really. I think I'd rather have a decaf green over this. I'll keep searching though. Minty, not tasting the...” Read full tasting note
    Skulleigh 220 tasting notes
  • “I liked this more than I expected. I'm not fond of licorice in general (anise, fennel, any of those), but the taste here is a more general herb-y-ness. There's a strong menthol sensation, so...” Read full tasting note
    teabird 403 tasting notes

From Kusmi Tea

Be Cool is a blend of plants, verbena, liquorice and peppermint.

The sweet taste of liquorice harmoniously going together with the freshness of peppermint and the relaxing properties of verbena. The rose hip is a red fruit well known for containing minerals and antioxidants. With its slightly acid taste, the rose hip has a purifying effect on the body.

Be Cool offers you a moment of harmony: relaxing peace for the spirit, sweetness for the palate and absolute relief for the body.

About Kusmi Tea View company

Our landlords live above us and just got back from Paris yesterday. They came down to visit us tonight and actually brought me back the Kusmi Wellness Collection. I cannot get over how sweet they are :) Such a generous gift.

I decided to have this one to clear my mind so I can concentrate on a write-up I’m doing tonight for histology. I may have left it to the last minute.

I wasn’t completely sold on the dry scent, I’ll be honest. The steeped tea seems much more pleasant. It’s certainly not something I’d buy for myself, but I will be happy finishing off this tin. Also, the tins are adorable! The peppermint comes through clearly, along with a slightly less powerful taste of verbena (I believe?) and perhaps a subtle hint of liquorice. It’s actually quite a nice herbal, though I’d have to be in the mood to have it – but that’s true of a lot of peppermint teas.

This is part of the Kusmi wellness collection I just received – if you don’t like the taste of licorice root you should steer clear of this line because they all have licorice I think.

This is a lot like the Comforting tea by Aveda which contains licorice and peppermint. This blend is quite minty and there is really something cooling about it. I bet this would be nice iced on a really hot day. It seems like this made a strange combination in my stomach after drinking the Imperial Label by Kusmi earlier. Sometimes peppermint makes my acid reflux act up which is too bad.

This is nothing outstanding but it’s a fairly nice tisane. Probably wouldn’t go out of my way to get this again and after drinking it I went out to get a cappuccino – lol! So much for inner peace.

Amariel

Thanks for the early licorice warning.

Hmmm, I was hoping I’d like this for an after yoga, non-caffeinated drink. But no, not really. I think I’d rather have a decaf green over this. I’ll keep searching though.

Minty, not tasting the apple or the licorice. I might try it with a sweetener next time, and it might be nice iced for an after run drink.

I liked this more than I expected. I’m not fond of licorice in general (anise, fennel, any of those), but the taste here is a more general herb-y-ness.

There’s a strong menthol sensation, so it’s aptly named, but it doesn’t taste overpoweringly of mint either. I guess I’d have to say that it’s very well blended. I do find the effect more refreshing than calming, personally.

Not one I’d buy a tin of, but if you want a pleasant herbal tea you might like it.

Boiling 8 min or more

I wasn’t really thinking about the notes of the tea when I first drank it, which was probably not advantageous to part of this review, but for me, the tea is predominantly mint. I don’t really like mint tea that much, but this is definitely the best mint (“mint themed”?) tea I’ve had yet. If you like mint, I’d go for it! I drank it hot, but it could be better cold. Don’t worry if you over-steep it. I did and I don’t think it affected it for the worse. Quite fresh-tasting! I drank it with sweetener, and I probably wouldn’t recommend it without that.

I tried this cold and I think it must have a little menthol in it, because when you drink it even at the temperature of a cool room, it is very, very cooling. It has a freshness that I’ve found absent from most mint teas (with the exception of Kusmi’s Spearmint Green), which thankfully takes the place of that horrible, weedy kind of taste that mint tea always seems to have. It also leaves a clean taste in your mouth, unlike those weedy ones. I can’t really pick up any other elements besides mint, except for a touch of peripheral herbal flavour that gives it a very, very slight soapy, bitter element—only able to be tasted if you are really looking for those other notes. Besides that aspect, it’s mostly a fairly well-executed mint, but mint tea just leaves me cold (pretty much literally in this case.) I think this would be really good with some lemon or lime juice and zest (along with the sweetener), and for my next sample of it, that’s what I’ll be adding (most likely to a cold cup.)

Refreshing blend, mint dominates a bit, but otherwise well-done.

It’s been a nice relaxing day for the most part and I’ve spent the majority of my time playing Civilization V with my husband. Though we haven’t done much today we’re still feeling cream crackered (cockney rhyming slang for knackered/shattered/tired) so I chose this herbal blend as a potential last pot of tea before bed time.

The loose blend smells strongly of peppermint and anise and sort of general herb like smells. It is thick but the mint is sweet enough to stop it being too stodgy and unpleasant.

The peppermint is the strongest flavour which adds a nice refreshing sweetness amongst the anise and licorice. Though I’m not a fan of licorice (in tea anyway) the peppermint lightens it to make it at a nice strength for me personally, sort of getting the flavour of the licorice without the thickness of it. I can sort of taste the apple if I put my mind to it, shares some of the sweetness from the peppermint, but again that’s only if I push myself to do so.

Aside from that the other ingredients blend in rather well, nothing sticks out or tastes out of place so all in all it’s a very pleasant herbal tea. Very relaxing and refreshing, somewhat matching the blends given name. One of the nicest herbal teas I have had in a long while, was a hit with my husband too. (which is amazing as he rarely likes pure herbals).

Note to self – Might be worth keeping regular stock of this one and using as a night time tea.

Boiling 4 min, 0 sec 4 tsp 20 OZ / 600 ML

I like liquorice, but I’m clearly not a fa of this herbal tea.
I have very good herbal teas mixtures, and this one is not part of it.

I expected it to be awful as I dont really like liquorice or peppermint.

I actually really like it but only if its steeped for a short time in not too hot water otherwise its awful. Nice, refreshing, smooth flavour. It has very strong minty smell but the taste is more mild. It leaves sweeter liquorice aftertaste which I find very pleasant (I hate liquorice candies for example)