Framboise

Edit tea info Last updated by extrarice

From Lupicia

Raspberry’s tartness gives a refreshing aroma and taste.

About Lupicia View company

The description containing “tartness” startled me a bit before I tried this tea, but it turned out to be surprisingly yummy! Very lovely raspberry flavour which was sweet, fragrant, delightful… just anything but tart. Another proof of Lupicia’s expertise in tea flavouring. Because it tastes like raspberry in framboise chocolate truffles, I think it will make a great dessert tea, served along with petit fours. :)

Please keep things friendly and .

Pleasant, but not a particularly outstanding tea. The raspberry is light and fragrant, more of an afterthought on the tongue than in the liquor itself.

Please keep things friendly and .

This one was a disappointment. I’m on the lookout for a great raspberry tea – I’m more inclined toward a green or an oolong, but am open to black as well – and this is decidedly not it.

When I first opened the bag, the dry leaf had an aroma that was, if not quite raspberry, at least fruity. I’ve noticed that Lupicia’s fruit flavored black teas – not that I’ve tried very many – tend to smell more like fruit candy than like actual fruit, and this one was no exception.

Once brewed, though, the fruit candy was mostly gone, to be replaced by a scent and flavor not all that dissimilar to Lupicia’s Afternoon Blend (which is decent but unremarkable). I could not taste even the slightest hint of raspberry. I admit that I’m far from a super taster, but nonetheless I expected a bit more from this tea. As a plain black it’s passable, but for a tea that bills itself as raspberry-flavored it’s decidedly subpar.