Orange Chocolat

Edit tea info Last updated by harukaJU

From Lupicia

Orange and chocolate flavored black tea with spicy cardamom and orange flowers.
Amount of Tea Leaves: 0.10oz(3g)
Water Temprature: Boiling Water
Brewing Time: 3-5min.

About Lupicia View company

Sipdown! WOW. This is bitter. And strangely flavoured… not your typical orange, and I’m not really getting chocolate. This is an interesting tea though… I wonder if I just need more water here…

Either way, I guess this is the first time in a while that a 1-cup sample burnt me, because I totally ruined this, heh. Thanks for the sample, Sil – I may have to nab another one at some point to give this a second shot, since I so royally messed it up this time, apparently!

(I drank the tea in spite of the massive bitterness, and really am intrigued by the flavour… bleh why did I have to wreck it… :( )

ETA: Re-steeped this last night and am drinking it cold now – it’s actually really tasty! Orangey, chocolatey, and clovey. Definitely need to give this a second shot.

i’ve got lots just remind me when we meet up for the lupicia order hand off

I will do that! Thanks!

nonononononono

bitter oranges. No thank you. Going in to the swap box!

Kittenna

I need to have another cup from what you gave me. Of course, now that we have Butiki deliciousness en route, I may not want more of an inferior blend, haha.

Kittenna

So by that I mean please don’t get rid of it until I try it again :P

it’s in the box… if nothing else toss it on the spreadsheet

1 tbsp for 375 ml

Overall light flavour. Dark chocolate taste with a hint of orange close to the end of the sip. The orange flavour is slightly bitter.

Thanks Sil for sharing!

Thanks Sil for the sample!

I tried it side by side with Bluebird’s Terry’s Tea to see which was the best chocolate orange tea. The answer: Not this one.

I steeped it for 3 minutes and the result was very bitter. Each sip left a tacky aftertaste, and it felt like my teeth were coated in… something? Not pleasant. It was simliar to that feeling you get when you eat super cheap chocolate and it’s waxy.

After the first few sips it got a bit better, but not enough for me to bother finishing the cup. Guess I’m not the only one indifferent to this one, so no hard feelings!

Kittenna

If you have more of this, it’s fairly tasty with a short infusion. I found out the hard way as well that this one is very finicky.

Cavocorax

Thanks, but I only had enough for the one cup. But after seeing how bitter it was at 3min, that totally makes sense.

This tea smells really really good when it steeps – like a rich cup of cocoa with a faint hint of orange (flavouring). But you can’t really taste much chocolate or orange in the liquor – I can only get cardamom out of it. Overall this mildly bittersweet tea is not unpleasant, but it can be rather disappointing once your expectation is raised by the lovely aroma.

*edit: as it cools the orange flavour becomes more salient – reminds me of Grand Marnier!

I have discovered I am not such a fan of chocolate in tea, nonetheless I am drinking this because I bought some! It does not really have much of an aroma at all. The flavor is not too strong, just a mild orange black tea with a hint of cocoa. What really makes this kinda special for me is the cardamom, I am a cardamom freak. I would probably not go out of my way to buy this again but it certainly is a good, pleasant dessert tea.

When I first started drinking this, I found it extremely bitter and overpowering. But after some time the taste started to grow on me. I still prefer it mixed with soy milk, but even alone it’s okay. It’s basically the tea version of eating a chocolate orange.

Lady 0f Spaydes

That has been my first impression as well! I found they had a store at a local Japanese market square (a fairly new addition) and their prices make me very happy! I will post a thorough review of it another day, but today for first tries, I mixed it with a grog my boyfriend made and I think I am a tad bit too inebriated to give a proper response. :)

Before Steeping:
Scent-Very orange like,with a suttle hint of Chocolate

After Steeping:
Color- Dark Orange- dark black
Scent- Nice mix of Chocolaty orange

Taste:
Nude- like a Chocolate Orange candy. No taste of black tea
With Sugar-Boosts the flavor of the orange

*a great desert tea, with flamboyant flavor