Peony White

White Tea
Edit tea info Last updated by Jillian

• “Ack, forgot I had this sitting on the table and let it oversteep... but surprisingly, it's actually fine. Only a little bitter, and still smooth on the palette. Added a little bit of water and two...” Read full tasting note
    lampbane 62 tasting notes
  • “One of my favorites. I don't like caffeine so I steep the bag in a little hot water for 30 seconds, then dump it (to get rid of most of the caffeine). Then I fill my 32-oz teapot and let it steep...” Read full tasting note
    composertp 9 tasting notes
  • “This is inexpensive tea. Don’t let that stop you from trying it. I enjoyed drinking this tea. I like that the bags come packed inside a zip lock bag. I also enjoy knowing that every time I buy a...” Read full tasting note
    ks6 1160 tasting notes
  • “Hmm. I just can't get into this tea. To my taste, it's missing that distinct white tea flavor and perhaps more importantly, it _lacks the velvety smoothness_ that I like in a white tea. No...” Read full tasting note
    robbob14 51 tasting notes

From Prince of Peace

For centuries Bai Mu Dan tea (also known as Peony White) was an extremely rare tea once reserved for Chinese royalty. Prince of Peace Organic Peony White Tea, considered one of the premium grades of white tea, is made of young leaves and buds from the Camellia Sinensis plant, hand picked during the fresh spring harvest in China’s Fujian province. The white, silver-ish leaves give Peony White tea its name. With minimal processing, Prince of Peace Organic Peony White tea’s antioxidant property is significantly more than green tea. There is also considerably less caffeine in white tea (15-20mg per serving, compared to green tea at 20-30mg, black tea at 50-80mg and coffee at 100-200mg).

About Prince of Peace View company

Ack, forgot I had this sitting on the table and let it oversteep… but surprisingly, it’s actually fine. Only a little bitter, and still smooth on the palette. Added a little bit of water and two drops of honey to mellow it out.

One of my favorites. I don’t like caffeine so I steep the bag in a little hot water for 30 seconds, then dump it (to get rid of most of the caffeine). Then I fill my 32-oz teapot and let it steep for 5-10 minutes. It ends up very tasty and satisfying. As good as any white tea I’ve tasted. (Note: I haven’t tasted expensive white teas.)

This is inexpensive tea. Don’t let that stop you from trying it. I enjoyed drinking this tea. I like that the bags come packed inside a zip lock bag. I also enjoy knowing that every time I buy a box I am helping to support an orphanage in China for special health needs children. That in itself is enough reason to try this brand. Mellow in taste. Sure you can buy a lot better but for grocery store tea this is pretty good.

Cofftea – I apologize for deleting your comment I was trying to reply but I obviously don’t understand the console. If you go to popus.com and read their about us page they list a lot of products you have probably used and their charitable policy seems to be company wide

Hmm. I just can’t get into this tea. To my taste, it’s missing that distinct white tea flavor and perhaps more importantly, it lacks the velvety smoothness that I like in a white tea. No matter how I try steeping it, it comes out tasting really generic. So much that, in a blind taste test, if I didn’t have the box and label right here, I wouldn’t be able to identify it as a white tea at all. Maybe I got a bad batch of this tea? Perhaps I’m going mad?!?

I always try to look on the bright side, but I can’t find much in common with one of my favorite Bai Mu Dans… (Rishi)

This is my first tasting note!
I really enjoy this tea. It is light, refreshing and tastes so natural.
For me the water does not have to be boiling hot for this tea to steep well and steeping time just between 3-5 mins it makes a great on the go tea. This is my morning college classes kind of tea and when the weather is cold it gives this hot cup of tea just that little extra comforting feel.

My work friend loves this. I don’t think it has a whole lot of flavor…until you oversteep it, in which case it gets kind of bitter and unpalatable.

I really like this one! Usually I have to add a bit of sweetener to any cup of tea, but this one is just fine by itself. Very mild, perfect for anyone who says they “don’t like tea.” :)

Maybe this is an older tea bag but I really can’t taste any flavor here. I don’t think I oversteeped or it was too hot. It doesn’t even seem like a white tea.

Great tea if you are looking for all the magnificent health benefits of drinking green tea, but want a little variety. White tea is just the young green tea leaves plucked before they mature. It has a milder, less “grassy” taste, compared to traditional green tea. I think it actually may have a very, very subtle sweet flavor.

Flowery and peaceful. A nice cup of tea for a break in the action of a busy day.