White Tea Wu-Long Premium

Oolong White Blend
Edit tea info Last updated by Shang Tea

• “I believe this is the last of my samples from Shang Tea... I am sad to see them go! Everything I have had has been good so far. I didn't even dump my whole package in the cup as instructed so I...” Read full tasting note
    amyoh2 2164 tasting notes
  • “White tea of the early afternoon. I'm having a ball with these white tea samples! This one confused me dearly because it says white tea yet is says wu-long which I know is another way of spelling...” Read full tasting note
    feralanima 174 tasting notes
  • “Diving into the package from *Wombatgirl* once again, and this is what I found. I haven't really been feeling in the mood for white much for a while, but since I started the day on green (I was...” Read full tasting note
    Angrboda 1189 tasting notes
  • “This was a sample I picked up when I went into Shang's store last. I wrote a note at one point and then it must have gotten deleted before saving. I remember liking this enough to want to buy...” Read full tasting note
    Teatiff 199 tasting notes

From Shang Tea

Note: This Tea is 100% Organic

Comprised of carefully hand-selected high quality White tea leaves from the white tea plant, gently fermented in small-batches, our White tea Wu-long is highly prized by tea connoisseurs for its rich aroma and delicious flavor.

Prepared by our skilled artisan tea masters, our White tea Wu-long creation is a complex process, please try this new creation, you will enjoy very much.

About Shang Tea View company

I believe this is the last of my samples from Shang Tea… I am sad to see them go! Everything I have had has been good so far.

I didn’t even dump my whole package in the cup as instructed so I was surprised to see this tea liquor a dark yellow color. I did smell the wet leaves and they remind me of sweet clover and hay.

I am not so great at picking out flavors but luckily Ang. has written a great tasting note before me. :) I don’t believe I have ever had a white oolong before this. I am surprised to find the tea has the sweet and fruitiness of the white tea but also has some of the butteriness/nuttiness of a green oolong. This is exceptionally smooth and rich but at the same time maintains a sense of relaxed lightness that I often find in white tea. Between this and the jasmine tea i had earlier I am feeling quite elegant and content.

It also resteeps well…

I just checked the price of this one – $13.50 for 2 oz. is not that pricey at all and is a luxury I could definitely afford… mmm. On the list it goes!

ScottTeaMan

I agree, it is a reasonable price, and sounds delicious!

TeaBrat

It was very good! Shang has great teas…

ScottTeaMan

I’m working on my current stash of whites for now.

Me too. :-p

White tea of the early afternoon. I’m having a ball with these white tea samples! This one confused me dearly because it says white tea yet is says wu-long which I know is another way of spelling oolong…mind blown. I wasn’t quite sure what to do with it so I brewed it like I do any other white teas and I was very much impressed.

The dry leaves are dark brown and slightly curled with some fuzzy white curled leaves mixed in and smelled of apricot and stones. The wet leaves smell more earthy with hay notes…now I’m getting more confused. Taste…o_O sweet hay notes, sweet apricot notes, stone/mineral notes, a very smooth, creamy texture, like butter, yet it remains light. Is this a white tea or an oolong…I get notes from both types.

This tea is as confusing to me as it is delicious.

TeaBrat

I keep thinking I need to get more of this!

Invader Zim

I intend to get more next time I order from them simply because of how different this tea is…in a good way of course!

Yes, 9I totally agree!

Shang Tea

Thanks for all the reviews Invader Zim. Just wanted to clear up the confusion, this tea comes from the White Tea Plant Varietals that we grow on our farm (Da Bai and Da Hao), but it is processed like a Wu-Long (Oolong) tea.

Scatterbrain

This sounds delicious.

Diving into the package from Wombatgirl once again, and this is what I found. I haven’t really been feeling in the mood for white much for a while, but since I started the day on green (I was lazy. Couldn’t be arsed to rinse out the pot so I just resteeped) I was feeling more in that sort of mindset today.

One of the things that always tend to surprise me with a lot of white teas is the colour of the leaves. I want them ALL to be silver! Because, you know, it’s a white tea! But they’re not, and I can’t seem to get the fact into my head that a white tea can have primarily dark leaves. (It’s a good thing that I learned much later that oolongs are also sometimes called blue teas or I’d have been seriously confused!)

The next surprise came when I sniffed the dry leaves. Chocolate? Chocolate??? What??
I smelled several times, and I smelled after breathing on them first and the aroma insisted on being chocolate. I’ve never met that in a white before! It smells natural though. Not contamination-like. Oddness. O.o

It’s got a fairly deep yellow colour after steeping, but then I did steep a whole minute. Maybe that’s a little much, but I tend to have difficulties with whites and steeping time. I can’t seem to decide if I like them very shortly steeped or a little longer. I keep changing my mind. At any rate it’s a warm yellow, a rather lovely colour, really, and nicely transparant.

It smells very fresh now and the funny chocolate note is nearly gone away. It’s sort of spooking around at the very bottom of the aroma, but primarily I smell something slightly grassy and very floral.

It tastes quite nice. It reminds me of a Dragonwell actually, with that semi-salty viscous flavour. I’m not really sure how big a fan I am of that, but it’s not overwhelming here. After the cup cools down a little more it’s further subdued. At this point it’s got a rather floral taste. It’s like drinking a mouthful of little spring flowers.

It’s very nice and very delicate cup, but by no means something I could drink a lot of at the time. One cup seems to me to be just about enough, and then it’ll be a while before I’ll be in the mood for another one. A bit like if you eat chocolate with a higher percentage of cocoa, like around 70% or something. It’s still very good, but you don’t need or want to eat as much as if it had been milk chocolate.

I feel the need to give it a high rating even if it doesn’t reflect whether or not it’s something I would like to be able to drink often or whether or not I’ll miss it when it’s gone. Because it is good. It’s just also very filling.

Shang Tea

Angrboda,

I’m glad that you had an opportunity to try our tea, and that you enjoyed it! I just wanted to mention that this tea is actually a wu-long that is processed using white tea leaves from our tea farm. That is why you don’t see the silver color in the leaves but darker leaves instead and also why is has a richer taste.

Please let me know if you have any further questions, I’d be happy to answer them!

-Shang

This was a sample I picked up when I went into Shang’s store last. I wrote a note at one point and then it must have gotten deleted before saving. I remember liking this enough to want to buy more. It was a sweet green oolong flavor. I will have to add another note if I get my hands on another sample.

Thank you Nicole for your generous sample.
brewed in 150ml gaiwan.
wet leaves smell roasty and nutty but not bold.
1st steep 185F 10 sec light yellow color, very clean taste
i decided to increase temp
2nd steep 195F 30 sec bright yellow like white grape juice. its like drinking champagne. delicate but pronounced, sweet and some slight tingling sensation.
3rd steep 195F 45 sec sweetness increased. its bolder but delicate.
I enjoyed this tea a lot. 100% repurchase

ashmanra

Ooo, might have to try this one!

boychik

they have sale till March 8. im trying all their samples;)