Gorgeous Geisha

Green Tea
Fruity, Green, Cream, Strawberry, Tart
Edit tea info Last updated by Miss Sweet

• “Over 40oC. Bushfires everywhere, the smell is drifting in my windows. General ugh-ness about today. Iced tea is a lifesaver, probably actually. I hope everyone is safe on this horribly dry and hot...” Read full tasting note
    jennanlovell 223 tasting notes
  • “Oh my this is good. I am not a fan of green tea in general. There are very few green teas that I like and even fewer than I love so I never expected to like Gorgeous Geisha. I was at...” Read full tasting note
    Winter 37 tasting notes
  • “This is the last tea to try from my Nine Green pack from T2. I tend to always save the best for last, and I figured there was a pretty good chance I'd like this one. No worries there! Sniffing the...” Read full tasting note
    devvyleys 63 tasting notes
  • “I'll say one thing off the bat - this tea smells mouthwatering. It has a grassy sencha flavour, and the distinct creaminess makes it a good introduction for those uninitiated into the world of...” Read full tasting note
    pebblegosling 4 tasting notes

From T2

Green tea with strawberries drizzled in cream is a big and bold sweet sensation. Juicy fruit blended with the herbaceous grassy aroma of sencha is intriguing, assertive and very moreish. Delicious hot and stunning iced as a summer treat. It’s easy to see why this is our most popular flavoured green – it’s simply gorgeous!

About T2 View company

Over 40oC. Bushfires everywhere, the smell is drifting in my windows. General ugh-ness about today. Iced tea is a lifesaver, probably actually. I hope everyone is safe on this horribly dry and hot day.

TassieTeaGirl

Adjust been watching the news, fires are quite shocking for this part of the world http://www.news.com.au/national/australia-boils-as-extreme-heat-hits/story-fndo4eg9-1226547438214. To give a reference for the North Americans, Tasmania is close I latitude away from the equator as regions like New England, or Nova Scotia. So this is pretty scary. At least I’m getting slightly cooled by the iced tea, and am at no risk from the fires.

TheTeaFairy

wow, hard to imagine what you’re going through when here, it’s nothing but snow and freezing weather… wish I could send some your way just to calm things down…good to know you are safe!

TassieTeaGirl

There’s lots of people who have lots their homes. But the temperature has dropped quite a bit in the last few hours which seems to have helped. They still can’t work out if the reports of a death are accurate, I guess they still can’t get into the area, and vision from the chopper is not helpful. Pretty scary though, we could see the fires from the city yesterday, not just smoke.

Oh my this is good.

I was at Chadstone’s T2 shopping for my sister’s Christmas present and they had Gorgeous Geisha iced and it was oh my God so good. Iced it reminds me of T2’s Strawberries & Cream but without the sweetness. It smells and tastes like strawberries drizzled in cream with a refreshing after-taste of generic sweet fruit. The green tea element seems to make the tea less sweet and more refreshing without any actual ‘tea’ or ‘grassy’ taste making it a really refreshingly sweet iced tea perfect for a hot summer day. I think I would actually prefer this iced compared to Strawberries & Cream because it is less sweet and more refreshing.

Dry you are greeted by very large green tea leaves and small little freeze dried strawberry pieces – the smell is quite unusual it’s like walking into a strawberry field – very strong aroma of strawberries surrounded by an earthy-grassy scent.

Hot a very sweet (almost sickly sweet) strawberry aroma greets you with only the very slightest hint of a grassy smell. The taste is incredible it’s like drinking a strawberry Martini – a very strong strawberry taste with a coating of creaminess chased by a light bitter-grass after-taste.

Oh so good and oh so surprising.

I highly recommend this for fans of T2’s Strawberries & Cream and for people wanting to edge themselves into the world of green tea. It is yumilicious.

This is the last tea to try from my Nine Green pack from T2. I tend to always save the best for last, and I figured there was a pretty good chance I’d like this one. No worries there! Sniffing the dry leaf, it’s almost all sweet strawberries. There’s not much to notice of the cream, and even less of the sencha itself. After it’s steeped, it becomes almost 50/50 between strawberries and sencha in both the infused leaf and the liquor. It’s very smooth and rather creamy (makes sense, really) in my mouth and a sensation of juicy strawberries really lingers well after the last sip. All that being said, it’s not overly sweet at all; in fact, it has the usual slight bitterness and other normal characteristics of sencha, just with strawberries on top.

In all honesty, since I’m really going gung-ho on tea tasting, I wanted to find an unflavoured green tea in this pack that I would happily choose as a cupboard standard. The best bet for that is the Genmaicha Sencha which I think is fantastic, although maybe it’s not considered “unflavored”. But this Gorgeous Geisha is very good, and my Southern Girl background kind of makes it hard to turn it down! Seriously, I did try to pick a “real” tea for a keeper. But juicy, fruity, creamy tea? Come on. How could I resist?

You can read a separate review I did for this tea and a couple of other T2 greens on my blog: http://hardlysupermom.wordpress.com/2012/08/23/progress-report-card-t2-nine-green-pack-part-3/

I’ll say one thing off the bat – this tea smells mouthwatering. It has a grassy sencha flavour, and the distinct creaminess makes it a good introduction for those uninitiated into the world of green tea. That said, the strawberry serves to make the tea taste rather tart, which I’m not sure I’m a fan of – going from a sweet, soft fragrance to the surprisingly strong flavour was a bit of a shock! I’ll also need to put slightly less tea in next time to minimise bitterness. Even without the bitterness, the flavour is nothing to write home about, which is a shame.

Edit: This tastes much better cold. Still not amazing but much much better.

to me, this tea is perfect if you like a pleasant, subtle aftertaste of strawberry. i personally found it to be very ‘more-ish’.

180 °F / 82 °C

Now matter how I brew it, I find it to be too bitter for me. Of course, there are days when I crave such bitterness, but more often than not it is a disappointment. Furthermore, the strawberry addition, although fragrant, is negligible – another disappointment.

As much as the idea of strawberry and green tea excites me, this is inferior to the bag of strawberry green tea that i bought from a supermarket at Riga… which is way cheaper than the price that you’d pay for at T2. Otherwise, this tea smells great, but taste very little.

At first I was dubious about a strawberry tart flavoured green tea, and I wouldn’t of considered purchasing if the clerk had not convinced me otherwise. However I was so pleasantly surprised that I’d dare say Gorgeous Geisha is my new favourite blend from T2.
The fruit notes are delicate and in no way overpower the refreshing green tea. Furthermore, I found the beautiful scent from the leaves still lingers even when brewed, creating the most lovely tea time experience
All in all, a wonderful balance of healthy green tea with a touch of sweetness that would please most.

Flavors: Cream, Strawberry, Tart

Not a bad tea! Not sure if I would repurchase again though.
When I first smelt it, I fell in love with it instantly.
However, over time, and as I’ve tasted a whole lot of other teas, I feel now that it was more of a sweet novelty rather than a long lasting love.
The smell of the dry leaves is so sweet, almost a little bit artificial smelling. It’s pretty, but to my taste, not as sophisticated in terms of flavour balance.
Then there’s the taste. It hardly tastes anything like what it smells like. The strawberry flavour easily becomes tart if you brew it even a few seconds too long or a few degrees too high. The green tea flavour also doesn’t shine through as much as I’d like to.
Overall, it’s ok. But not something that has wow’d me, as much as it initially did at the start.

Flavors: Cream, Strawberry, Tart

Hannah F.

I’d like to recommend the Geisha Getaway. Bright and a creamy mouthfeel. Also excellent iced.

marie_angeline

Alright thank you Hannah, will check it out next time I visit T2!