Cinnamon Star

Black Tea Leaves, Cinnamon, Cinnamon Flavour, Vanilla Flavour, Vanilla Pieces
Cinnamon
Edit tea info Last updated by OMGsrsly

From Tea Desire

Ingredients: Black tea, cinnamon, vanilla pieces, vanilla-cinnamon flavour and taste.

About Tea Desire View company

Finished the last of this off this afternoon. For whatever reason, i am simply exhausted today. It’s not helping with the getting things taken care of around the house, but at least there’s also monday to relax this weekend. I enjoyed this alot. I think i’d rotate this into my cupboard here and there for when i want a cinnamon tea.

1932 tasting notes

Sipdown!! (215)

This is a much better example of a sweet cinnamon tea. It is like having a cinnamon bun with some vanilla frosting. The cinnamon adds a nice warming spice while the vanilla contributes a nice sweetness. All the while, the black base provides a gentle stage on which everything can shine. I am actually really impressed with this tea today. Last time I had it the flavors were muted but this cup is quite flavorful. Thank you MissB for sharing this with me. I really enjoyed it and am actually sad to see it go. So long cinnamon bun in a cup.

At last, I have more of this in my cupboard. I began my Cinnamon Star journey over four years ago, when a Tea Desire first opened in Edmonton. The last time I had it was two years ago after going over a year without out, and still loved it. So let’s see if I still like it.
Tea Desire usually packages this one in special holiday packaging in the late fall, so when I was in the store a couple weeks ago, they were marked down. Score!

I’ve described this tea as a cinnamon bun in the past, and I still agree with that. I pick up on vanilla, almost icing-like notes underneath the cinnamon, and if you don’t oversteep or overleaf, it is seriously like a liquid cinnamon bun. The cinnamon flavour is akin to a cinnamon stick rather than, say, cinnamon hearts, understandably so since the dry leaf is speckled with chunks of cinnamon bark.

So, in other words, this tea still wins at life in my books. One thing you got to watch for though is overleafing. I’ve done that once before and the base easily took over the other flavours.

I just added some half and half, and it’s pretty good, but I still think I enjoy it without any additives. I’m sure it would taste good with some milk and brown sugar, so maybe I’ll try that someday.
Yvonne

I’d love to try this someday! We don’t have a Tea Desire where I live.

Roswell Strange

They only have a few locations. One in Saskatchewan (Where I live), two in Alberta, and I think three in British Columbia?

Yvonne

Awww…they should come to Manitoba!

Fjellrev

Judging by how things have been going with their other locations, I wouldn’t be surprised if they didn’t expand anymore eastward than they already have.

OMGsrsly

I’ll have to add this one to my list. I SWEAR I’ll manage to find their store the next time I go to Nanaimo!

Fjellrev

Some’s on your way right now haha.

OMGsrsly

I totally forgot! Ok, that’s awesome. :) It might stay on my list, then!

Fjellrev

I hope so! I personally like it. Not a typical cinnamon tea, at least for me.

Roswell Strange

I really liked it too :)

A tea from Fjellrev!

Delicious with a bit of honey. The honey made SUCH a difference for my voice today. Mmm, honey.

Mmm, tea, as well. :)

1945 tasting notes

This was the featured tea at Tea Desire today, so I enjoyed a few small little glasses of it. It’s one that’s been on my list to try for a while now, so I think it worked out well that I got to enjoy it all day long.

Taste wise, I thought that the flavours were all quite strong. Mostly I was just really impressed by how strong the vanilla flavouring was because I find that cinnamon can cover up a lot of flavours very easily. But this was nice, and well balanced. Of course I have no clue how it was prepared since I wasn’t the one who prepared it nor was I there when it was being prepared.

I have Della Terra’s Cinnamon Bun right now so I don’t think I’d need both of these – but I’d heavily consider getting this instead of Cinnamon Bun once I’m out of that one.

VariaTEA

Why do you find them strong and I found it weak? Weird. Also your tasting note about Cinnamon Star is directly after mine which makes me laugh.

Roswell Strange

Maybe they overleafed? Yeah, made me laugh too.

Fjellrev

Oh, I love this one. I just picked some up at 50% off so I hope it was just as good as it was years ago.

I grabbed more of this during the holidays, however I’m just cracking the bag now. Yep, it’s a lot like a gooey cinnamon bun, and much more enjoyable than the rooibos TeaGschwendner puts out by the same name. Much more! I did however oversteep this dramatically as I packed up teas to send off, so it’s a bit.. harsh at times. That’s my own darn fault though; I refuse to blame the tea for my oversight. ;)

Flavors: Cinnamon

Fjellrev

Oh yeah, this one is so freakishly tasty.

Another tea from the Canadian Traveling Teabox. This black tea is sweet but not the hits-you-in-the-face cinnamon heart candy flavour that I get from so many cinnamon-flavoured teas. Instead it’s a gentle sweetness, courtesy more of the vanilla than of the cinnamon, I think. And I’m glad that someone has finally caught on to the idea that with cinnamon less is more. I think I’ll keep what’s left of this one as I quite enjoyed it – plus there’s not a whole lot left.

Boiling 4 min, 0 sec 1 tsp 12 OZ / 354 ML
Fjellrev

I really like this one when it’s fresh. It’s like a cinnamon bun, icing and all.