White Ayurvedic Chai

White Tea
Cinnamon
Edit tea info Last updated by JoonSusanna

From Teavana

A chai that stands apart! This energizing tea contains spicy bursts of cinnamon, cloves and black and red pepper tempered with sweet coconut and delicate lemongrass. These complex flavors enhance the Ayurvedic properties of this rare white tea.

How to Prepare
Use 1.5 teaspoons of tea per 8 ounces of water. Heat water to 175 degrees and steep for 2 minutes. 2oz of tea equals 25-30 teaspoons.

Ingredients:
White tea, green tea, cinnamon, lemongrass, red pepper, bruised black pepper, coconut chips, cardamom and cloves.

This tea blends well with:
Samurai Chai Mate
Bangkok Lemongrass Rooibos Tea
Monkey Picked Oolong Tea

About Teavana View company

I tried 3 teaspoons for my cup this time. I kind of forgot I was steeping this and walked away, so it sat for 3 minutes instead of 2.

The 3 teaspoons still didn’t help make this tea better for me. It’s just not flavorful or strong enough. When this one is gone I will not be reordering.

Meh. It doesn’t have the good body of the Samurai Chai, but is….okay. I’m more partial to stronger teas, this is a “shy” flavor. Good for blending though

Another Teavana tea that I bought when I first started out in loose leaf brewing. This tea, like many others have said, tastes and smells like either “Big Red” chewing gum or those cinnamon candy hearts. Because of this, it tastes and smells artificial. The cinnamon overpowers any other aspect the tea might have had, even though it really wasn’t that strong. I wouldn’t describe the taste as “hot” or “spicy” like you’d expect in a cinnamon chai. It really just tastes like brewed Big Red without the hot aspect. It wasn’t undrinkable or bad, just uneventful and bland. I finished it, but I wouldn’t buy it again.
Definately not one I’d recommend to anyone looking for a good, flavorful chai. This one shouldn’t even be listed as one, regardless of the ingredients they put in it.

Good tea, realized (I am a newbie) that I am not crazy about chai as a white tea, just seems weak. The smell and taste are fantastic- just not strong enough for me but is a great way to have chai in the evening.

Very spicy, I actually have a hard time finding the white tea since there’s quite a bit of lemongrass. Not my favorite chai, but it was a gift and I really appreciate any gift of tea!

The aroma is very comforting. It’s something I’d like to drink when I’m sick. Flavor is subtle, but satisfying enough.

What a pleasant surprise! I’m usually wary of white teas on account of how easy it is to over-brew them, but thanks to the well balanced spice blend in this unique tea, any bitterness that might come through is well and truly masked.

ahhh the aroma. yummy.

Very light, decaf tea. When I first brewed it I didn’t realize it was a White tea. Light in flavor perfect for when you don’t need a pick-me-up or if you want to mix it with the Samauri Mate.