Chai Rooibos Blend
Cinnamon, Clove, Ginger, Vanilla
Edit tea info Last updated by TeaEqualsBliss

• “I do really like this one and needed a quick spicy cuppa with a little bit of something else before drinking my upcoming several teas! See previous notes! Stay Tuned for many more reviews. Treat...” Read full tasting note
    teaequalsbliss 6770 tasting notes
  • “Got a sample of this in my last order: I used to LOVE chai - always what I would order at a coffee or tea place. Then I lost interest because of all the other wonderful options in tea. Its been a...” Read full tasting note
    azzrian 807 tasting notes
  • “Ok - last review of the night! The morning was too chaotic to really enjoy any teas, and it's only the last 2 hours of the night after TK is sleeping that I really get anything done. I packed up 4...” Read full tasting note
    cavocorax 1700 tasting notes
  • “Tonight I blended this with Russian Caravan black tea from Capital Teas, because when I had the chai alone last night there was no tea flavor to accompany the masala spices. The blend was a HUGE...” Read full tasting note
    chrimabro 124 tasting notes

From The Persimmon Tree Tea Company

A delightful blend of masala chai spices, red rooibos and a hint of vanilla. Great with milk and/or sugar, and naturally caffeine free for an anytime treat.
Origin

Origin: South Africa (Rooibos)

Ingredients: Organic Rooibos Tea, Vanilla Flavoring, Ginger Pieces, Cinnamon Pieces, Cardamom, Clove, Orange Pieces

Characteristics:Bold, Organic, Caffeine-Free

Flavors: Spicy, Sweet

About The Persimmon Tree Tea Company View company

I do really like this one and needed a quick spicy cuppa with a little bit of something else before drinking my upcoming several teas! See previous notes! Stay Tuned for many more reviews. Treat this as an intermission of sorts! LOL :)

Got a sample of this in my last order:
I used to LOVE chai – always what I would order at a coffee or tea place. Then I lost interest because of all the other wonderful options in tea. Its been a long time since I have indulged in a chai and this was a wonderful way to come back to the goodness!
Autumn is my favorite season and while it is summer here now I just amped up the air con and pretended I was mid October! :)
The flavors are very well balanced and I added a little vanilla coffee mate which the tea took to very well. Oh oh I think I have some whipped cream in the fridge!
I love that this chai can handle additives but even on its own it is delicious!

Ok – last review of the night! The morning was too chaotic to really enjoy any teas, and it’s only the last 2 hours of the night after TK is sleeping that I really get anything done.

I packed up 4 boxes though, so I get this as a reward before bed!

As soon as I poured it into my cup I was blown away by the rooibos smell. I’ve never noticed that before! But I could also smell the vanilla and the chai.

This is actually a pretty good non-caffeinated tea. It’s not as dark as a black blend would have been, but the vanilla makes it a tad creamy in my mind. I bet this would make a nice latte too. I’d recommend this to someone who wanted soemthing spicy in the evening! I think this is my favourite of the Persimmon samples I’ve had so far!

Also, I know non-caffeinated might not be a real word, but it makes more sense to me than decaffeinated ‘cause that implies it HAD caffeine. Anyway… that’s why I did that. :D

And now I’ve stared at the word “caffeine” long enough that it no longer looks like a recognizable word. I’m going to bed pretty quick.

Tonight I blended this with Russian Caravan black tea from Capital Teas, because when I had the chai alone last night there was no tea flavor to accompany the masala spices. The blend was a HUGE improvement.

I used 1 heaping tablespoon of Rooibos Vanilla Chai and about half to three-quarters of a tablespoon of Russian Caravan. (And like last night, I made it with a bit of rock sugar and half-and-half.) The resulting drink had a much fuller-bodied flavor than the chai produces alone. Very tasty! I will definitely be doing this again (perhaps experimenting with other blends).

With a splash of milk, this really does taste very much like black tea chai, smooth, warmly spiced, and rich. I love that the spices aren’t wimpy. The tea also looks beautiful with some milk; I’ve heard it said sometimes you can tell a tea blend is decent by how it looks brewed with milk—some stuff takes on a dirty dishwasher, washed out streaky grey appearance while better blended teas stay smooth and might turn opaque. This does the latter, turning a pretty opaque taupe with some shell-peach undertones.

I don’t smell or taste the rooibos at all—pretty impressive, on the level of H&S Vanilla Comoro at coming off like a decent version of its standard black counterpart. Until I find better (if I ever do) this will definitely be my late night go-to chai fix. Yummy.

My favorite tea from the Persimmon Tree – its perfect for a cold morning and likely to be in my tea glass all day- must have it!

Read more of our Persimmon Tree Reviews at http://techtea.tv

I steeped this tea twice to see what would happen, and I must say both times were quite good.

The first steep (5min) was a well-balanced chai with the spices all being distinguishable. Oddly enough, the one thing I couldn’t really taste was the rooibos, which seems to have been lost among the spices. With a small dash of milk this blend is particularly delicious.

The second steep (7min) was still quite good, though the ginger seemed to dominate making it a spicier cup on the whole. Still delicious; makes me glad I have 7oz. of this to go through!

Backlog:

A nice, caffeine free chai. I like the way the nutty flavors of the rooibos meld with the other flavors – it tastes a bit like a spiced cookie in a teacup. YUM!

A strong, zesty flavor. I like that the spices are not too understated. The vanilla softens the edge a little. The orange brightens the cup. It’s really a tasty combination of flavors.

Here’s my full-length review: http://sororiteasisters.com/2014/07/30/organic-rooibos-vanilla-chai-blend-from-the-persimmon-tree/

Marco Polo TTB

Sweet creamy vanilla, spiced sugar cookie, the ginger and pepper tingles on the tongue. Something I could make for the whole family at night. My husband who will only drink caffeinated teas wanted to try this. I had everything taken out of the box that I wanted to try and my husband comes over and wonders if he would like anything, I cringed and held my tongue as I watched him unpack the tightly packed box looking at almost everything. I’m so glad he chose this one because I was about to give up on rooibos because I don’t like it but I can’t taste it in this one, yay!

So I tried something new and exciting today, I made popped amaranth! It is pretty tasty, similar to popcorn but with an earthier taste, I certainly think I like it better than popcorn…plus no annoying kernels being stuck in my teeth! This is part of my experimenting trying to find easy to make, relatively cheap, naturally gluten free (not a substitute like gluten free waffles or crackers) snacks. My next experiment will be toasted millet, though I do find myself wondering what these toasted and popped grains would be like in Genmaicha.

So, have you ever found yourself craving Chai right before bed but knew there was no way you would sleep if you drank one? The Persimmon Tree Tea Company’s Rooibos Vanilla Chai might just be a solution for midnight Chai cravings. Made from Organic Rooibos, Vanilla Flavoring, Ginger Pieces, Cinnamon Pieces, Cardamon, Cloves, and Orange Pieces. The aroma is very sweet and spice, as expected from a Chai! There are notes of vanilla, woody rooibos, caramel, and mostly well balanced spices. I say mostly because the ginger is a bit stronger than the other spices.

After giving the tea a good steeping, the aroma is very spicy, heavy notes of clove and ginger. It reminds me of the holidays, very warm and comforting aroma. There are also fairly gentle notes of vanilla and sweet, woody, rooibos. The liquid is mellow, a nice sweet blend of rooibos, spices, vanilla, and a tiny hint of orange.

I find myself frequently craving night time Chai in the colder months, the warming spices and richness of the tea is very soothing when the weather is cold and you are snuggling under blankets with a cup of tea. It is many months away from winter, but I can certainly imagine it when sipping this tea! Since this is a Chai I made it with my usual cream and sugar, but only a hint of sugar since a pre-additive sip let me know that this tea is already quite sweet. The spices are nicely balanced, as with the aroma there is a little more ginger and clove than the other spices, which blends really well with the woodiness of the rooibos. Of course the cream brings out the vanilla giving the tea an extra richness.At the finish there is a bit of orange, which adds an extra layer of warmth to tea. I really like that this is a caffeine free Chai, I am a great lover of Chai both traditional and fun new takes on the tea.

For blog and photos: http://ramblingbutterflythoughts.blogspot.com/2014/08/the-persimmon-tree-tea-company-rooibos.html

TeaBrat

Interesting.. i have never popped amaranth though I’ve had it in other ways and seems kinda bitter to me?

Amanda 'SoggyEnderman' Wilson

It can be kinda bitter on its own, I find when I eat it I need it in things and not just plain.