Edit tea info Last updated by Jason

• “Drank 6 or so large mugs of this each with the tiniest splash of cream and it really made my day delightful. I spent five hours in front of the computer at work learning our new scheduling program...” Read full tasting note
    Dragonwellluvr 558 tasting notes
  • “First things first, I bought the loose leaf version of this tea. The shop I stopped in today had both for the same price and well that much was a no brainer. Long story short...I've been looking...” Read full tasting note
    ThePurrfectCup 374 tasting notes
  • “I love black tea. It's what really propelled me into my love for tea. That being said, I've strayed from my roots a bit. It's been quite a while since I've had some black tea, and it's definitely...” Read full tasting note
    lanestew 19 tasting notes
  • “This is my first time actually brewing this. I don't drink much Earl Grey, but the Bergamot seems rather strong in this one. I drank this in the loose leaf form, so that might make a difference. ...” Read full tasting note
    CharlotteZero 372 tasting notes

From The Republic of Tea

More of a Good Thing Tea – Bergamot orange is a citrus fruit native to northern Italy. Our exceptional blend of this classic tea uses a superior, light Ceylon leaf combined with top-grade, pure bergamot oil. Recognized as the best tasting Earl Grey available.

About The Republic of Tea View company

Earl Grey is my favorite tea and it’s the kind of tea that I always have to have in my house. I got the loose leaf of this and it does it’s job. I really like it cause even if you steep it for a little longer than usual (that’s how my boyfriend likes it), it doesn’t get that tartness that black tea can get when over-steeped. Also, my favorite thing about Earl Grey is the bergamot and this has a definite bergamot flavor. Good to have at that mid-morning tea time with a splash of milk and some sweetener. I’m happy with it and will most likely purchase it again when I run out.

On a rainy morning a cup of Earl Grey with toast and marmalade just makes me smile. I really enjoy the intense aroma of the bergamot oil in the Earl Greyer tea from the Republic of Tea. In the past any Earl Grey tea would suffice, however I received a canister of loose leaf Earl Greyer from a dear friend and haven’t drank any other brand since.

Very middling Early Grey that tries to make up for lackluster tea with alot of bergamot.

This is my go-to cold weather tea. Actually, just about any Earl Grey is regardless of brand (just don’t insult me with a tea bag, please). I drink mine by the pot with honey and almond milk.

A beautiful, elegant, and outstanding cup. This is a Ceylon Earl Grey with a sweet flavor and mellow body. I love Earl Greys that are “juicy”, and this is one is exceptional. The bergamot flavor is sublime. This tea calls to me throughout the day, and during all four seasons.

Not quite as heavy on the bergmot as I’d expect but a solid morning blend. I usually can get two big cups out of one tea bag without losing much of the flavor.

a good try at earl grey. don’t over-brew, and I find I get tea drunk really quickly on this (that kind of ‘too full’ feeling). good for afternoons instead of coffee.

I had reservations about Earl Grey tea because I was turned off by citrus-y flavors. Fortunately this particular blend isn’t overpowering; if anything, it’s my go-to tea whenever I’m feeling down.

It’s not quite as strong as I generally like my Earl Grey (it’s not quite strong enough to take milk like I like to add) but it’s still very good.

This yummy tea is perfect for the afternoon. It’s a hearty black tea with plenty of jolt. I recommend leaving the bag in the cup the whole time to make it nice and strong. With extra punches of bergamot flavor, it’s a lovely alternative to more mild regular Earl Greys.