Cardamon Cinnamon

Herbal Tea
Cinnamon
Edit tea info Last updated by Jason

• “i like cardamon! i do i do. i like how it looks in it’s little pod and i like how it tastes and smells in my purple tea tumbler. idk why i am so weary of cinnamon. i must have had some...” Read full tasting note
    shmiracles 762 tasting notes
  • “I really like Cardamom which is why I bought this tea originally. I agree with the previous reviewers, it is a bit weak. Somehow it needs something to be more complete. I used two teabags in this...” Read full tasting note
    amyoh2 2816 tasting notes
  • “Amount: 3 scoops Water: boiling, 1 teapot full Steep Time: a little over 7 minutes Notes: kept taking sample sips from 4 minutes on until it was strong enough since it is a sample size. Militiajim...” Read full tasting note
    amazonv 714 tasting notes
  • “I adore cardamom and I’m fond of Republic of Tea, so I was really excited to find this one. But it really isn’t that great – It’s nice and all, with plenty of cardamom and...” Read full tasting note
    SuperHrefna 18 tasting notes

From The Republic of Tea

Warm the Heart Herb Tea. Native to the shadier regions of India & Ceylon, cardamon has a gentle, airy taste of the forest itself—reminiscent of ginger with a pinch of pine. Cinnamon brings a spicy depth. Also, great over ice!

About The Republic of Tea View company

idk why i am so weary of cinnamon. i must have had some scaring experience once that has given me ptcd (post traumatic cinnamon disorder).

but heck if cardamon doesn’t win this cup! yay delicious

Thanks to Anna for this sample!

JustJames

HAHAHAHAHAHA PTCD……

I really like Cardamom which is why I bought this tea originally. I agree with the previous reviewers, it is a bit weak. Somehow it needs something to be more complete. I used two teabags in this latest brewing, also with soymilk and a hint of agave. I think this might be good mixed with some black tea

ScottTeaMan

I think RoT does not use enuff tea per teabag, so if you’re using a bigger cup, or like your tea stronger you need two teabags. They do have some nice teas though.

TeaBrat

I agree!

Amount: 3 scoops
Water: boiling, 1 teapot full
Steep Time: a little over 7 minutes

Militiajim wants to use this as an additive to another tea or beverage because it seems more like a spicing or mulling flavor than a stand alone tea. In fact he is excited to add it to apple juice.

Smell: mostly cardamom and a hint of cinnamon
AmazonV Flavor: peppery and spicy (the cinnamon, ginger, cardamom, pink peppercorns and cloves come out)
Militiajim flavor: cardamom and some other spices.
AmazonV Body: light
Militiajim Body: watery)
Aftertaste: warm, cinnamon, then a burn (ginger)

Rating: 1.5/3
Militiajim: 1/3

AmazonV

we tired the apple juice instead of water, it made an excellent mulled cider

I adore cardamom and I’m fond of Republic of Tea, so I was really excited to find this one. But it really isn’t that great – It’s nice and all, with plenty of cardamom and not too much cinnamon but it lacks oomph, or any sort of spark. It is pleasant in a quiet sort of way, with a spicy nose and a soft flavor. I’ll definitely finish the canister, but I won’t buy it again.

Boiling 8 min or more

This is one of my favorites as well. I love the cardamon & cinnamon scents and flavors. Unfortunately, I find this is one I cannot re-steep for the same taste as the first cup. Still love the first though.

My all-time favorite spicy tea.

As other reviewers have noted, very weak. I feel like I brewed it correctly because the color was dark brown. But lacked any kind of depth.

Cinnamon is very dominant in the blend. It smells a lot like the bags of cinnamon pinecones that grocery stores start putting outside the door this time of year. I do get some cardamom and peppercorn as well, but it’s mostly cinnamon. Reminds me strongly of mulling spices. Maybe mix this one with 1 part tea to 8 parts brandy.

Flavors: Cinnamon

Drinking up the last bit of this on my shelf! I quite like it, though I’m not terribly fond of the licorice/anise part of the flavor. It’s difficult to find a good herbal tea blend that isn’t super sweet or full of things I don’t like much (hibiscus, the aforementioned licorice). There’s enough going on here otherwise that I mostly enjoy it, particularly the cinnamon and peppercorns.

Decent nose, full of cinammon and holiday spices. Lighter taste, apple, pear. Underwhelming

At the lower-mid scale of my ‘standard cuppa’. It might have gotten a higher score from me a year ago when I was just starting out with the wonderful world of tea.

Don’t get me wrong, and I still recommend this for making blends, but I have been spoiled by several seasonal/holiday blends and now this tends to fall short, and requires a bit of modification to bring it back up to my new taste preferences.

My recommendation is to add a little Vietnamese cinnamon to boost that component, a little fresh lemon zest or orange peel for more bitters to balance the profile, and a few cloves, this augments it sufficiently to bring it back to the good/awesome level and use it with blends that scream for mulling spices.