Cardamon Cinnamon

Herbal Tea
Edit tea info Last updated by Jason

• “i like cardamon! i do i do. i like how it looks in it's little pod and i like how it tastes and smells in my purple tea tumbler. idk why i am so weary of cinnamon. i must have had some scaring...” Read full tasting note
    shmiracles 715 tasting notes
  • “I really like Cardamom which is why I bought this tea originally. I agree with the previous reviewers, it is a bit weak. Somehow it needs something to be more complete. I used two teabags in this...” Read full tasting note
    amyoh2 2169 tasting notes
  • “Amount: 3 scoops Water: boiling, 1 teapot full Steep Time: a little over 7 minutes Notes: kept taking sample sips from 4 minutes on until it was strong enough since it is a sample...” Read full tasting note
    amazonv 698 tasting notes
  • “I adore cardamom and I'm fond of Republic of Tea, so I was really excited to find this one. But it really isn't that great - It's nice and all, with plenty of cardamom and not too much cinnamon but...” Read full tasting note
    SuperHrefna 18 tasting notes

From The Republic of Tea

Warm the Heart Herb Tea. Native to the shadier regions of India & Ceylon, cardamon has a gentle, airy taste of the forest itself—reminiscent of ginger with a pinch of pine. Cinnamon brings a spicy depth. Also, great over ice!

About The Republic of Tea View company

i like cardamon! i do i do. i like how it looks in it’s little pod and i like how it tastes and smells in my purple tea tumbler.

idk why i am so weary of cinnamon. i must have had some scaring experience once that has given me ptcd (post traumatic cinnamon disorder).

but heck if cardamon doesn’t win this cup! yay delicious

Thanks to Anna for this sample!

JustJames

HAHAHAHAHAHA PTCD……

I really like Cardamom which is why I bought this tea originally. I agree with the previous reviewers, it is a bit weak. Somehow it needs something to be more complete. I used two teabags in this latest brewing, also with soymilk and a hint of agave. I think this might be good mixed with some black tea

ScottTeaMan

I think RoT does not use enuff tea per teabag, so if you’re using a bigger cup, or like your tea stronger you need two teabags. They do have some nice teas though.

TeaBrat

I agree!

Amount: 3 scoops
Water: boiling, 1 teapot full
Steep Time: a little over 7 minutes

Notes: kept taking sample sips from 4 minutes on until it was strong enough since it is a sample size.

Militiajim wants to use this as an additive to another tea or beverage because it seems more like a spicing or mulling flavor than a stand alone tea. In fact he is excited to add it to apple juice.

Smell: mostly cardamom and a hint of cinnamon
AmazonV Flavor: peppery and spicy (the cinnamon, ginger, cardamom, pink peppercorns and cloves come out)
Militiajim flavor: cardamom and some other spices.
AmazonV Body: light
Militiajim Body: watery)
Aftertaste: warm, cinnamon, then a burn (ginger)

Rating: 1.5/3
Militiajim: 1/3

AmazonV

we tired the apple juice instead of water, it made an excellent mulled cider

I adore cardamom and I’m fond of Republic of Tea, so I was really excited to find this one. But it really isn’t that great – It’s nice and all, with plenty of cardamom and not too much cinnamon but it lacks oomph, or any sort of spark. It is pleasant in a quiet sort of way, with a spicy nose and a soft flavor. I’ll definitely finish the canister, but I won’t buy it again.

Boiling 8 min or more

This is one of my favorites as well. I love the cardamon & cinnamon scents and flavors. Unfortunately, I find this is one I cannot re-steep for the same taste as the first cup. Still love the first though.

My all-time favorite spicy tea.

At the lower-mid scale of my ‘standard cuppa’. It might have gotten a higher score from me a year ago when I was just starting out with the wonderful world of tea.

Don’t get me wrong, and I still recommend this for making blends, but I have been spoiled by several seasonal/holiday blends and now this tends to fall short, and requires a bit of modification to bring it back up to my new taste preferences.

My recommendation is to add a little Vietnamese cinnamon to boost that component, a little fresh lemon zest or orange peel for more bitters to balance the profile, and a few cloves, this augments it sufficiently to bring it back to the good/awesome level and use it with blends that scream for mulling spices.

I found this in bulk at the supermarket and decided to get a test run sample. I love cinnamon and cardamon and I’m looking for more decaffeinated options for the evenings, so it seemed promising. It appears to be largely cinnamon bark bits with cardamon in pod and seed form and a few peppercorns, anise seed pods and ginger root. I let it steep for six minutes, but I’m not getting much flavor. I can feel the cardamon on the sides of my tongue just after each sip in that cardamon tingle sort of way. I might be getting some ginger heat if I really think about it. Not much in the way of flavor tho. It’s not very well rounded and lacks a depth or heavier base flavor to it. Kind of just tastes like my spice rack threw up a little in my cup without much thought to it. It’s not bad, but there is no wow there at all.

A very fine cup. Spicy, sweet, and deep. Between medium and full-bodied. A wonderful wintertime herbal. My non-tea-drinking guests really like it. Very good cardamon.

I expected to like this tea a lot more than I did. It’s definitely warm, but it feels a bit like it’s missing something. I’m thinking of using it for some baking, I think it might make a lovely tea cake.