Blood Orange Smoothie

Herbal Rooibos Blend
Edit tea info Last updated by QueenOfTarts
Boiling 7 min, 30 sec 3 g 9 oz / 266 ml

From The Tea Spot

Product description not available yet.

About The Tea Spot View company

Oh man. This smells amazing! Delicious orange and vanilla…even more delicious smelling than Della Terra’s orange cream. Brewed, this is slightly tart but the vanilla flavour is present. I died just a little honey to this one to see how that enhanced the flavour and it was delicious! This would likely be a close tie with Della Terra’s as this is more vanilla-y and closer to “real” orange, while Della Terra’s version is a bit creamier, closer to that creamsicle sweet taste. Both are delicious Nd I’m glad I have a little more of this one to play with :)

Did I get any of this? :O

Yep. This is one of the super small samples Terri got for us to share. About enough for two normal ppl cups

Terri HarpLady

I’m so excited that you 2 are gonna get to hook up!! I want photos!

It was tasty while it was hot, but now that it’s cool it’s really similar to an Orange Julius. I really like it. I can’t remember if I’ve had Della Terra’s orange rooibos, but I’d be curious to compare.

I’m getting tons of vanilla and orange and cream…

You can steal some from me….the Della terra that is

Sounds good! :)

I popped open this pouch of tea and wow, it is beautiful! I love the different chunks of orange peel and apple mixed with the rooibos and flower petals. What a treat! It smells of citrus and creamy vanilla, as expected. The rooibos becomes more present after water has been added, but it seems to be a creamy extension of the vanilla.

Sipping… hm, this blend is very straight-forward in its flavors. I was expecting there to be a little more depth, but it’s orange + vanilla + rooibos and not a whole lot else. The orange and the vanilla seem to come all at once and the rooibos lends itself to both the sweet and tart characters of the other ingredients. I love the balance of all of the flavors – nothing stronger than the rest. I think I prefer lemon and vanilla/cream teas a bit more, but this is a strong blend that is enjoyable and yummy.

Yummy orange and citrus with hints of smooth vanilla!

It tastes like an orange julius if you squint a little and think about it really hard. For me the taste was woody rooibos with a creamsicle aftertaste. Not my favorite.

’Here’s Hoping’ teabox Round #4 – Tea #1

Another fun teabox round to start! I love those orange vanilla swirl type ice cream flavors, and this seemed like it might be like that. Maybe without so much hibiscus! The hibiscus took over a little giving it too much tartness, but there were also hints of orange. It was begging to be sweetened so I added some rock sugar. Without so much hibiscus it would have been better… It also might be better with a honeybush base.

Thank you, QueenOfTarts, for sending me a sample of this tea!
It smells so good! I don’t know about the blood orange bit, but it did smell very fruity/rooibos-y from the package. Oh wait. I like to…. inhale my tea… and yep! I smell the citrus now!
Poured water on top and the woodsy rooibos flavour is coming out, as well as the bright citrus! You know, this reminds me a bit of TeaForté’s Mojito Marmalade, but that one is like suuuper bright and flavourful. This one has more of a muted citrus flavour because of the rooibos, but it smells great!
Mmmm I just had a small sip (after about 4min of brewing) and it tastes so nice! Definitely a tad watered down so I’m letting it sit for another 10 or so minutes to pull all the flavour out. It has the bright citrus taste, while still holding it a bit back with the rooibos.
Definitely a great tea! Now I’m just waiting for it to brew to how I like all my rooibos (overleaved and oversteeped aww yiss) and I know it’ll taste great!

About half an hour later and I’ve been steeping my tea for forever and THIS IS GREAT. I would actually do with a bit more leaves though. I do taste the orange! Not just citrus, but orange :)

Boiling 8 min or more 3 g 9 OZ / 266 ML

Rooibos based, supposed to taste like Orange Julius. Orange, Vanilla and a bunch of other stuff. It was ok, but I didn’t like it.