Fruity Pebbles Slenderizer

Fruit Green Blend
Fruit Tree Flowers
Edit tea info Last updated by The Tea Show

• “Backlog: This tea smells amazing. Very fragrant, nice floral tones and a strong fruity overtone. Even though the name of the tea evokes thoughts of the cereal - it doesn't taste like it. ...” Read full tasting note
    LiberTEAS 4665 tasting notes
  • “Green tea also helps with hunger. According to the canister, this one is a Slenderizer, which means that it suppresses appetite and boosts metabolism. Perfect! Also, now that I've scooped the top...” Read full tasting note
    teaqueen 373 tasting notes
  • “Steep Information: Amount: 4 tsp Water: 750ml at 175°F Tool: Breville One-Touch Tea Maker BTM800XL Steep Time: 3 minutes Served: Hot Tasting Notes: Dry Leaf Smell: fruity, floral,...” Read full tasting note
    amazonv 709 tasting notes
  • “I was curious about this tea when I saw it in the Traveling Tea Box. It sounded like a fun blend, with pineapple, strawberry and passionfruit flavors and rose petals! The dry leaves smell sweet...” Read full tasting note
    JosieJade 358 tasting notes

From Tiesta Tea

Fruity Pebbles is a blend of Chinese Sencha, Lung Ching, Pai Mu Tan, papaya bits, pineapple bits, rose petals, and strawberry bits.
They call it Slenderizer, because it’s supposed to help keep you looking and feeling fit by increasing your metabolism and curbing your appetite.

About Tiesta Tea View company

Backlog:

Even though the name of the tea evokes thoughts of the cereal – it doesn’t taste like it. But it is a sweet, fruity tasting tea, and I really enjoyed it. I like the combination of the pineapple, papaya and strawberry. It’s a really tasty blend.

Here’s my full-length review of this one: http://sororiteasisters.com/2013/04/12/fruity-pebbles-green-tea-blend-from-tiesta-tea/

Also, now that I’ve scooped the top layer of leaves out and used them before, I now am getting more and more of the fruity part of it. It tastes sweet and tropical during the first steep, and then during the second steep it tastes just like strong green tea.

Yum yum. Excellent dieting tea!

Steep Information:
Served: Hot

Tasting Notes:
Dry Leaf Smell: fruity, floral, vegetal
Steeped Tea Smell: sweet, floral, slightly vegetal
Flavor: fruity, slightly floral, vegetal finish
Body: Light
Aftertaste: slightly grassy, should have used cooler water
Liquor: translucent yellow-green

Rating: 2/4 leaves

Blog: http://amazonv.blogspot.com/2013/08/tiesta-tea-loose-leaf-green-tea-fruity.html

I was curious about this tea when I saw it in the Traveling Tea Box. It sounded like a fun blend, with pineapple, strawberry and passionfruit flavors and rose petals! The dry leaves smell sweet and fruity with a hint of floral rose. The tea has a tropical fruit aroma. The flavor is lightly grassy and floral with a subtle fruity finish. The aftertaste is very strong, and I can pick out pineapple and passionfruit flavors. I added some sugar, but it gave it brought out more of the grassiness of the tea. I’m not sure if this tea is supposed to be named after the Fruity Pebbles cereal or not? I am not really getting a lot of the cereal’s flavor from this tea, but it is still a pretty nice cup of tea for the afternoon!

-Dry blend has large green tea leaves and twigs with pieces of dried fruit and rose petals.
-Dry leaves smell sweet and fruity with a hint of floral rose. Tea liquor aroma is of tropical fruit.
-Tea liquor is a clear medium yellow color.
-Light grassy and floral flavor with a subtle fruity finish. Strong, sweet and fruity pineapple and passionfruit aftertaste.
-Sweetener optional.
-Good tea. Sweet tropical flavor. Not reminiscent of Fruity Pebbles cereal.

This is a very nice fruity green tea; very smooth, not bitter or artificial tasting. The leaves were good for 3 steeps, with decreasing fruitiness but still a nice green tea flavour.

185 °F / 85 °C 2 min, 0 sec 3 g 10 OZ / 295 ML

One of my co-workers bought this at our local Sprouts and let me try it. I was proctoring a test when I had this, which unfortunately meant that I only got one sip around the correct brewing time before proceeding to get distracted by one of my test-takers. I left the bag in for about 5 extra minutes and came back to a very different experience. The first sip I took was sweet and tasted mostly like the flavoring. The next sip I got when I came back to my cup was almost entirely grassy green tea. I was surprised that it hadn’t gone bitter at all, which probably means my water wasn’t as hot as it should have been in the first place. I think this would be pretty good, if not a touch weak, when brewed correctly. I’m not going to rate this yet until I get a chance to have another cup without getting pulled away.

Another tea from Tiesta to try…

And if my sleep schedule wasn’t messed up enough already, I had a long nap today and needed something to revive me. This says it’s a blend of green and white teas and certainly smells fruity in the pouch. I saw a piece of dried fruit in there too :)

This is nice, I like the green/white blend because I think the white gives it a bit of sweetness. It has a bit of tart from the fruit which seems mostly tropical to me, and a touch of rose gives it some floral. This isn’t as strongly fruit flavored as I thought it would be from smelling it in the bag. Regardless, it is a nice blend especially for warm weather. I think I’ll need to try this one iced someday. Good, but not amazing. Definitely more subtle than Lupicia’s flavored teas. And I don’t really think tea helps to keep me slim or I’d be the skinniest person on Earth… ha ha

Sami Kelsh

Ha! If tea were genuinely that slimming, I’d be a stick insect. I mean, the bear claws and fish and chips probably counteract it pretty well, but…

I got this tea from Suziqzer this week and decided to try it this morning. It’s very strong on the papaya and pineapple. I didn’t really get the rose at all, though. Very fruity. It was a nice change from what I usually drink.

Eeck! The computer ate my tasting note!! Well if it ever re-appears from the magic realm where the computer puts things, you’ll see a really great note. In the meantime, you’ll have to put up with this half-assed note.
Yum!
Not like the cereal!
Good fruity taste!
Buy again and keep in stock!

caile

Haha, I hate when that happens!

Suziqzer

My Hubby likes this one iced.